Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got in a car accident....

Old 11-20-2004, 05:21 PM
Graywolfs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got in a car accident....

Yeah, to fill you all in, it was my fault, I was lost, and was trying to read road signs, traffic stopped, and I didnt notice quick enough. The accident barely injured the other car (just a new bumper will fix the chrysler sebring). My car took it hard. My Honda's bumper was below the chrysler's and all the damage was above the bumper. My radiator, condenser (A/C), supports, hood, one fender, one headlight, a few other things got damaged. Oh yeah, the car is a 92 accord LX. 140,000 miles. Engine still runs great, the car can drive around. I took it to my friends bodyshop, and the guy said it might be around 2200 to fix it. I was at a junkyard today, and saw many of the pieces I need, so that can save me some, but the frame and the labor will cost some, not sure how much.

I have a few choices. Repair it outta pocket, repair it with insurance (1000 deductable and will raise premium I am sure), or buy a new car and part out the Accord (how much you think I can get parting it out?). Just looking for advice. And if anyone knows of a 92 or 93 Accord that just needs an engine, please tell me. Thanks for reading.

Josh
Old 11-20-2004, 05:37 PM
prelood

Exact same thing happened to me, it SUCKS!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cars2 006.jpg (102.8 KB, 65 views)
Old 11-20-2004, 05:54 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

reapir out of the pocket like i did, except i had no choice but to repair it cuz my insurance didnt cover my car.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:17 PM
SonY:)AccOrd
GOSU

just get the junk yard parts it will be better than parting out.. it's to much of a hassle
Old 11-21-2004, 05:03 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

its not that bad, now you can get a carbon fiber hood
Old 11-21-2004, 05:28 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Originally posted by: teg92
its not that bad, now you can get a carbon fiber hood
Yeah, you can do it.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:02 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

Thats kinda crazy cause i did the exact same thing except mine was with a ford ranger and my bumber slid up underneath it too. I agree with every one else, fix it. I bought a core support from honda for like 200 dollars then got a full body kit with carbon fiber hood and Z3 fenders that took care of all my body work. They pulled out the front end unibody damage and installed the core support in my car for $250. Then i installed the body kit my self. These are before the wreck, after the wreck, and right after i got my body damage fixed. I dont have any pics of how it looks now, all painted and new rims and sh*t. But if anyone is interested ill upload some, if not then i wont worry about it.
Attached Images
super honda 1.jpg (146.9 KB, 32 views)
sadtymes.JPG (39.2 KB, 32 views)
MVC-003S.JPG (41.3 KB, 38 views)
Old 11-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Graywolfs

Thanks for the replies guys. I am having a hard time deciding if I really want to fix it. 92 Accord LX in good condition is 2600 private party blue book. Is it really worth it to fix it? Lately I have been looking at other cars to buy. It really sucks cause my car was perfect before, no problems... I will have to find out how much all the parts will cost from the junkyard, and take the car apart to see how hard it would be to fix the frame.