Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with state inspection and tints

Old 11-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Krod301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with state inspection and tints

I got a 2000 honda accord that i just bought a month ago and it came with professionaly done tints. Now i'm having a hard time trying to get its inspection done because the tints are too dark.
On the side of my drivers windows theres a little sticker stating that its 35% PHCV(something like that) tint, a name and phone # of the company who did it.

The guy that was doing my inspection checked out the tints with a device and said the fronts were 30% and the rear were 8%. He says NC's law is 32 %. He said I have to remove all tints in order for him to give me the inspection sticker. Is this BS or what?

Does anybody know of a shop in Charlotte, NC that will do my inspection and letting my tints slide? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks...
Old 11-18-2004, 12:40 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

totally bull shit he just want to make money out of u just go to the next shop, my tints are like 10% n front and the limit is 30% n nyc and back is like -number lol. i am going to take my car to do inspection now n dec and still same tints the shops i been too never have say a word or even look at my tints, so dark i roll down the windows to go in reverse at night time. damn that guy is full of it, go to the next shop simple. probably they couldnt find something to replace n ur car so they came up with ur tints.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:47 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by strykernyc
totally bull shit he just want to make money out of u just go to the next shop, my tints are like 10% n front and the limit is 30% n nyc and back is like -number lol. i am going to take my car to do inspection now n dec and still same tints the shops i been too never have say a word or even look at my tints, so dark i roll down the windows to go in reverse at night time. damn that guy is full of it, go to the next shop simple. probably they couldnt find something to replace n ur car so they came up with ur tints.

NEGATIVE...LIMIT in new york is 70%. That tint reader has to say 70 or above in order to avoid a ticket.
I got one in Sept and I have 35% tints.....the reading came out to 36............................... Have you been pulled over for your tints yet?....( knock on wood)

Go to another shop and get it done...........
this guy seems like a tight a$$,.....the next shop might not even look that over.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:13 AM
smokin rubber
HC Competitor

they will check the tint here in nc, because they get/charge an extra $10-15 to do it. You might get lucky and find someplace that will overlook the fact that the tint is too dark, you may need to offer some extra dough for that to happen though
Old 11-18-2004, 11:44 AM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

well the reason why he is being such an ass to you is that yes if he does let you slide and u get in trouble.....they can find out who did your inspection and he can lose his inspection license for that...............but look around there are plenty of shops around charlotte that will let u slide
Old 11-19-2004, 06:48 AM
Krod301

I haven't gotten stopped by any cops yet(knock on wood) for my tints. I pass by them all the time and dont even notice my car missing the inspection sticker. I've seen a lot of cars here in charlotte with dark ass tints including the front and I wonder how the hell they got their inspection done. I know I have reasonable tints, the front don't look too much tinted and the back are a little dark. I've gone to 2 different shops and asked them if they would let it slide even paying them a little extra. They all were like "in the court of the law we can't do that because they'll make us testify blah blah".

If I do get my inspection sticker and get a ticket for my tint, I'm not going to get the shop in trouble. I'll just pay the ticket and be on my way. If anything I'll say that I got the tint after the inspection was done.

I'm also from NYC and I know tons of shops that'll just ignore the tints and continue with the inspection.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:31 AM
jason2713

in maryland the limit is 35% and I had that too. you might try to clean your windows but also, if you live in the county and not the city, county inspectors are going to be more picky than those in teh city. I had problems iwth my front headlights not being stock lights, and an inspector in the county failed me, i went to the city, I told them that I wasn't selling the car, I was buying it (which makes a difference) and I wasn't trying to swap out the lights and take 4 hours of my day. He let me slide, my advice, go to the city.