Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttlebody-Fuel Injetor Service at the Dealership or no?

Old 10-31-2004, 06:26 AM
hondadriver22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an Aem CAI so where is the breather on it?
Old 10-31-2004, 07:53 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by hondadriver22
This seafoam stuff, anyone else hear about it other than polakatl? does it really work, or is this a joke and totally F's up the engine?
yea, ive done it on my honda...its fun when smoke pours out and ur revin it, lol.

but if you dont know where that intake thingie is, just pour a very small bit into the spark plug area (of course take ou the spark plugs, change them while lyou are at it since the plugs get very dirty after running seafoam)

but it really does help and remember, do NOT put more than 1/3 into the tank.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:56 PM
TrackMasterz

I decided to do it at Honda. They didn't clean my cables so I have to go back for that. It seems to have gotten worse when I let off the throttle esp in the morning. I can feel something close like my car paused for a sec and then I can feel it open and my car surges forward a bit. Plus, my valves are ticking now when I let off the throttle. Could the fuel induction service have caused this? (They do run the pro-tec stuff thru the intake manifold and etc etc)

I just found out that there is a service bulletin for the throttle body and base idle, so i'm going to go back to Honda to b*tch at them. The service trainor already knows and seems cool about it but he wants us to talk with the mechanic who worked on my car. He wasnt there that day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dsc00115.jpg (49.9 KB, 28 views)
dsc00116.jpg (30.3 KB, 28 views)
dsc00114.jpg (26.4 KB, 23 views)