Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sluuuugish

Old 10-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Eric M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sluuuugish

Hello all , I have a timing belt question . I did a search for my question but didn't really find anything . I just recently purchased a 90' EX Accord , ran great . I had the timing belt changed ( 115,000 miles ) and when I got the car back , I thought it felt a little sluggish and louder than when I brought it in , could something be messed up ? It sounds kinda like I have put one of those funny sounding mufflers on . The sound happens when I give it the gas and go , not sitting at a light or stop sign. A friend of mine said it sounded like a fuel line going to the injectors was loose , he's a pretty good mechanic so he might have something . Any problems like this before happen to anyone ? Thanks for any help .

Another question , I am going to get XM Sat. radio for my Accord , does anyone else have it and if you do , where did you put your little antenna ? I was curious if it would fit in the little space where the sunroof deflector begins and the beginning of the sunroof .

Oh , by the way , I have had a 85' CRX HF , 86' Prelude , (2) 91' CRX Si 's (both T. Green ) 91' Accord , 92' Accord , 96' Accord . I like Hondas
Old 10-12-2004, 05:30 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by Eric M
Another question , I am going to get XM Sat. radio for my Accord , does anyone else have it and if you do , where did you put your little antenna ? I was curious if it would fit in the little space where the sunroof deflector begins and the beginning of the sunroof .
i put my antenna on the back ledge near my rear speakers ... no need for an outdoor mounting, it works just the same.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:22 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude go back righ away they did the same crappy work on my timing. it was off my like 5 thinging is so wrong go back righ away get ur money back if posible and try a diff place because if they did it wrong the first place is because they dont know how to mess with it. i learn the hard way but now i found a nice mechanic which i was recommend to before all this but mean trusting this @$$hole. go back asap. it should feel the same or better once is done trust me on this one . how much u paid? i got mine done for $300 first time done wrong then i got it done righ for $200 with diff person. also if u change ur transmission fluid make sure is Honda ATF only.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:29 AM
bonestock

sounds like your timing is retarded some degree, check the timing
Old 10-13-2004, 03:35 AM
Eric M

I paid $380 , the Honda dealership wanted $599 .

The Best Buy guy said it wouldn't work on the inside , I thought it would but I thought I would ask somebody first . He also told me they wouldn't mount it on the outside either , said they didn't want to be responsible if it sounded bad , whatever .

Thanks everyone .
Old 10-13-2004, 04:53 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by Eric M
The Best Buy guy said it wouldn't work on the inside.
trust me, it'll work just fine.

that best buy worker should know better than that ... no automotive glass is designed to deflect xm signals. the home antenna works just the same too ... leave it by a window and you're fine.