Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 Accord V6 vs. Mazda 6s?

Old 07-30-2004, 07:06 PM
cwa107

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phoenixitc
You might also consider the Nissan Altima 3.5 SE. The 2005 has an improved interior that supposedly takes care of the interior subpar quality parts. The engine is supposed to be upped to 250HP.
Good point - I test drove the 2002 Altima which had just come out when I leased the Accord. The interior was horrible - the thing rattled brand new. I didn't know that they fixed it. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-30-2004, 07:16 PM
cwa107

Originally Posted by jschmid
Seems everyone ignores the fact that he wants 4 doors haha. I'd say that if you want a manual, the decision is made...Mazda 6. If you want an auto, just go test drive both and see which one you like better (I'm assuming you haven't already).

The WRX looks more "sporty" than an Accord sedan imo haha. I don't mind the looks of the new Accord sedan except for the rear, the tail lights and trunk seem messed up to me.

The Accord >>> Altima.
Yeah, I wish they offered the Accord sedan in an MT. I would have gone with the V6 in my current car had I been able to get a stick. I could deal with the auto I guess (now that I have a kid, it'll be easier to back hand him while driving ) - but this is part of the reason I'm not a huge fan on the 7th gen 4-door. The rear end is another big problem. The only other issue I have is that the 6G was the perfect size, why they had to go bigger with the 7G is beyond me. No offense to any of you 7G sedan owners, but IMO, it just looks bloated...

The only thing that concerns me with the 6s is the Ford motor that Evo VIII brought up. But if they're putting that in their bread and butter sedan (Taurus), it can't be that bad, can it? Hmmm... that was rhetorical, don't answer that!!

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I appreciate your opinions.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:13 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll go 4 door mazda but coupe the accord v6 manual wins in everyway.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:09 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

I like the Mazda 3/6. Very good car. Very easy to get used to. I'd personally go with the 5 door mazda 6 just because I think they look cooler.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:17 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

If you got the money, the RX-8 could work. A buddy of mine test drove it, and he was impressed with it's performance. He said the the back seat was roomy enough for him (he's 6'1") It has rear doors for entry, which aren't apparent when you look at it. It has almost perfect weight distribution, too.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:24 PM
AcuraFanatic

Look into the TSX.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:28 PM
SnP2k

One of the new Mazda's, I think Protege, not sure though, has a 200 HP I4, so it's powerful, yet better on the gas mileage. I'm sure the V6 version (if applicable) would have at least 250 HP.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:29 PM
twin3037

the wrx transmisoin problems are mainlly the clutch and thats from peopel do redline clutch drop so it wears out as bad as you abuse it and by the way i own one am at 40,000 miles and it's been threw a full launch pretty much everyday i've driven it and it's prefectlly fine
Old 08-01-2004, 05:49 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

I was also looking at the Mazda 6. I must say it is a one sexy car, just don't get the first year it came out. Have to work out all the bugs. Make sure you get it in a manual so you can actually feel the gain. Those duratec motors from what i here are pretty damn strong. Check this link out for some mods out and listen to how this car sound with I/H/E. That alone makes me want it even more.

Mazda 6 performance with vids
Old 08-01-2004, 05:57 AM
TenaciousTires
Registered Luser

The only thing that concerns me with the 6s is the Ford motor>>>

The Mazda 6s V6 is a reworked Ford Duratec engine, they aren't exactly the same powerplant. The 6 also sits on a modified Taurus platform. The Mazda 3 is based strongly on the Ford Focus, etc.

But if they're putting that in their bread and butter sedan (Taurus), it can't be that bad, can it?>>>

Aside from the 3.8 V6, the engines haven't been the problem for the Taurus... but rather their automatic transmissions, electrical systems and cooling systems.