Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I fill the space left by stock stereo?

Old 07-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Generation5spd
'96 Accord EX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I fill the space left by stock stereo?

I replaced the stock stereo in my Accord with an Acura one that's half as big, now there's a big ugly gap above it. So, any suggestions on what to do with it? Ideally, I would like to put in one of those plastic units that turns it into a little compartment (for cell phone, wallet, etc), anyone know where I can buy one of these? Thanks.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:47 AM
cwa107

Originally Posted by Generation5spd
I replaced the stock stereo in my Accord with an Acura one that's half as big, now there's a big ugly gap above it. So, any suggestions on what to do with it? Ideally, I would like to put in one of those plastic units that turns it into a little compartment (for cell phone, wallet, etc), anyone know where I can buy one of these? Thanks.
Yeah, you can try buying an installation kit for a single DIN stereo. Check http://www.crutchfield.com. However, those kits are generally designed around the standard sleeve mount head units. It might not fit, but you could probably find creative ways to use the pocket that comes with the kit and rig it up in there.

Good luck.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Cousin It

You can get the flip down comparment from the dealer for about $25. That's what I did when I replaced the stock double din unit with an Alpine single din.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Generation5spd
'96 Accord EX

Originally Posted by Cousin It
You can get the flip down comparment from the dealer for about $25. That's what I did when I replaced the stock double din unit with an Alpine single din.
Thanks Cuz, I'll check it out at the dealer on Monday
Old 07-24-2004, 09:21 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

this guy was making some custom accord plastic pieces which fits in that spot and swivels.