Notices

Absolute lowest price on 2004 accord...your best guess?

Old 07-16-2004, 09:03 PM
dazco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Absolute lowest price on 2004 accord...your best guess?

I'm close to making the buy on a 2004 LX coupe, but i keep wondering how low they might go if i keep plugging away at them. Heres the way i deal with a dealer....I give them an out the door price including EVERYTHING. Drive away cash price. I then tell them i don't want any pitches or anything, just a yes or no. And that if it's a yes i'll buy it right now, if not i walk. This method got me the lowest price on a civic my sister's frien who was a honda salesman ever heard of. So it does work with the right dealer. The only problem is determining what price is as low as any dealer would ever go.

So my question to you is, what do you think the absolute lowest cash out the door price would be on a LX couple with no extras at all? I'm talking the lowest any dealer wopuld ever consider going. The MSRP is $19,400.

I am also considering an EX with leather, (damn they're nice !)but thats gonna tax my savings too much. So for now at least the LX is the one i'll likely buy.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:39 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

salvaged one h:
Old 07-16-2004, 11:30 PM
ashzero
turbo mafia

4cyl or 6cyl?

if 4cyl, 15,300.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:03 PM
dazco

Yea, a 4 cyl. But are you sure about that?! i don't think $15,300 is even remotly possible for a TOTAL out the door price on a $19,400 MSRP honda Accord ! i got my civic LX coincidentally for that exact same amount out the door cash, which as i said in my 1st post a person my sister knew who was a honda salesperson said that was the cheapest price they'd ever heard of on a LX civic. (remember....i'm talking OUT THE DOOR.....TOTAL COST) And the MSRP on my civic was probably 4 grand less than the LX Accord. So don't take it the wrong way, but i don't think your quote is remotly possible.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:07 PM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

i can get a 04 ex coupe for 19,000 out the door.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:47 PM
dazco

Now thats what i wanna hear ! I got a dealer to go that exact amount too, but on an LX, not an EX. If you're correct, i'm definatly in for an EX instead. do you think your location makes a difference? I'm in Los Angeles......i wonder if i can get a deal like that here? Any thoughts on that? Oh, and when you say OTD, you mean tax, licence, delivery charges, everything, right?
Old 07-17-2004, 04:43 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

Originally Posted by dazco
I'm close to making the buy on a 2004 LX coupe, but i keep wondering how low they might go if i keep plugging away at them. Heres the way i deal with a dealer....I give them an out the door price including EVERYTHING. Drive away cash price. I then tell them i don't want any pitches or anything, just a yes or no. And that if it's a yes i'll buy it right now, if not i walk. This method got me the lowest price on a civic my sister's frien who was a honda salesman ever heard of. So it does work with the right dealer. The only problem is determining what price is as low as any dealer would ever go.

So my question to you is, what do you think the absolute lowest cash out the door price would be on a LX couple with no extras at all? I'm talking the lowest any dealer wopuld ever consider going. The MSRP is $19,400.

I am also considering an EX with leather, (damn they're nice !)but thats gonna tax my savings too much. So for now at least the LX is the one i'll likely buy.
www.kbb.com
You can see what ppl are paying on average for any car.

04 LX Accord coupe 4 cylinder, where I live in Texas:
17,953.50 manual (invoice)
18,672.41 auto (invoice)
You should easily be able to get a car for invoice. I bet you'll pay a little more in L.A. though.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:08 PM
dazco

04 LX Accord coupe 4 cylinder, where I live in Texas:
17,953.50 manual (invoice)
18,672.41 auto (invoice)
You should easily be able to get a car for invoice. I bet you'll pay a little more in L.A. though
When you say "You should easily be able to get a car for invoice", do you mean invoice PLUS tax % licence, or total out the door ? Because if you mean PLUS t&l, then i got a much better deal from a dealer near me already. If thats what you mean, then at an invoice of $17,953.50 you quoted plus tax would come to almost $19,400.00 which is $400 more than i got this dealer to agree to. And thats not including licence which i didn't figure in because i don't know what that'll cost. But assuming it means the registration plus fees, then i'd estimate another couple hundred, meaning i got a deal about $600 cheaper than you said.

However, if you're saying invoice price out the door, then i gotta have another talk with that dealer........a talk he's not gonna like hearing ! I was hoping, tho knew it wasn't likely, that SWOOSHER21's quote was accurate.......i wish i could get the EX !! But it doesn't seem likely unless he knows someone, in which case his reply would be moot to my question.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:54 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

Dazco, that's just the price, not including TT&L. (I love the fact that the manual is cheaper; it's what I really wanted anyway) If Swoosher can get an EX for that price, he'd better get over there and buy one, because he could turn around and sell it at a profit!
Old 07-17-2004, 07:29 PM
dazco

yea, thats what i figured. I desperitly want the EX with leather, but i don't think i can justify about 4 grand more than a stock LX. But the more i think about it the closer i get to saying "#$&* it" and just biting the bullet. I sat in one today and was just drooling. They sure know how to add just the right extras to the progressivly higher trims to make you gradually keep going up to the next level due to drool factor !