Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front tires wearing fast (inner)..help!

Old 05-17-2004, 02:23 PM
bubbrubb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God, screw having a lowered car. I just went to get my tires rotated today, and Big O told me that they couldnt rotate any of them because every single tire was balding in the inside. They told me that i have to get 4 new tires, and if i want this to stop i have to get a camber kit...... Damn you eibach, DAMN YOU!

Edit: And i got two new front tires less then 10k miles ago...
Old 05-17-2004, 02:35 PM
syclone

Originally Posted by AccordSE
that called a camber problem. all you need to to do is buy a front camber kit. And the front doesnt camber if you dont go beyond 2.4 is totally false. I dont know where you got that from.
well.. i'm not sure where you get your reasoning from, but mine is through experience with my car and several other cars.. i do all the suspension and alignment tuning for my friend's cars that compete in auto-x championships as well as track events.

check my sig, i have an accord. front camber remains pretty constant until about 2.4 to 2.5" then it starts cambering massively after 3"

so now that i explained my post.. explain why you're so confident that i'm totally wrong.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:43 PM
syclone

Originally Posted by bubbrubb
God, screw having a lowered car. I just went to get my tires rotated today, and Big O told me that they couldnt rotate any of them because every single tire was balding in the inside. They told me that i have to get 4 new tires, and if i want this to stop i have to get a camber kit...... Damn you eibach, DAMN YOU!

Edit: And i got two new front tires less then 10k miles ago...
when was the last time you got an alignment. you should get one at least once a year, and when they do, request your rear toe to be set at 0.. not the factory spec.

as for camber, the rear cambers easily as it's dropped so i wouldn't be surpised if it cambers over 2.3 degrees at a 2" drop. investing in a rear camber kit would be a good idea..
Old 05-17-2004, 02:50 PM
IamNemo
You know me...

Originally Posted by syclone
when was the last time you got an alignment. you should get one at least once a year, and when they do, request your rear toe to be set at 0.. not the factory spec.

as for camber, the rear cambers easily as it's dropped so i wouldn't be surpised if it cambers over 2.3 degrees at a 2" drop. investing in a rear camber kit would be a good idea..
Why bother with a rear camber kit unless it's a shim style? The other style that replaces the whole arm is more prone to break and fork you over in the end. Even with the shim style you can go get a few bolts and washers from the local Home Depot or Lowe's for about $20 cheaper!

And bubbrubb, camber kits aren't that much. They're alot less expensive than 4 new tires every year!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:01 PM
syclone

i tend to forget that this accord forum is not gen specific.. the shim style camber kit is perfectly fine.. i use that method on my civic..

it can also be used for accords previous to 98.. but the 6th gen requires an adjustable arm.. as for breakage, i've had mine for over a year and it's been through numerous auto-x's and track events.. the factory endlink bracket has been breaking more than anything..

if there was a choice, i would recommend the shim method too since it's very inexpensive and practically impossible to get knocked out of its setting.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:16 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

lol, dropped 2.2/2, no camber kits and still no uneven wear (even after an accident and my car floats to the left). the only catch is, ive driven only 5k with hard compound tires.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:55 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

6th gen Accords do tend to eat up the inside of the front tire.
I get my car aligned by a good professional friend at a local alignment shop every time I get new tires. If you fail to rotate you will notice the the front getting worn faster then the rear, even though the rear has a higher degree of negative camber.

The issue only gets worse on the v6. I doubt you need a camber kit, just have a local alignment shop check out your cars specs and set them for you.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:31 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

i highly doubt it's a camber issue.. the front doesn't really camber in until you go beyond 2.4"

i'll bet that it's simply your toe is out of wack.. you should get an alignment. with the inner part being as worn, you probably have toe out.
I agree 100%, but first things first.

Did you ever get an alignment after the springs were put in???

The TL-S / The 540i
Old 05-17-2004, 05:37 PM
azian21485

i highly doubt it's a camber issue.. the front doesn't really camber in until you go beyond 2.4"

i'll bet that it's simply your toe is out of wack.. you should get an alignment. with the inner part being as worn, you probably have toe out.
i'm dropped 1.75 and i have -1.6 on right and -.8 on left without me in it..i know it's not that much off specs but imagine anything lower
Old 05-17-2004, 10:34 PM
syclone

Originally Posted by azian21485
i'm dropped 1.75 and i have -1.6 on right and -.8 on left without me in it..i know it's not that much off specs but imagine anything lower
i installed one of the member's spring, shock combo.. with a 2" drop, the camber was -1.1 on one side and -1.3 on the other which is fine..

why is there such a big difference between your two sides.. differences should be less than half a degree.

Quick Reply: Front tires wearing fast (inner)..help!