Notices

My 6th Gen's FIRST AUTOCROSSING ADVENTURE...PICS COMIN

Old 05-03-2004, 12:11 PM
ODUB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 6th Gen's FIRST AUTOCROSSING ADVENTURE...PICS COMIN

whatup people, i compteted in my first autocross yesterday. The 6th gen handled like a champ. I've got ground control coilovers, tokico illumina shocks, 17x7.5 Volk SE37k wheels with nitto neo gen tires, nuespeed strut bar...that's it for the suspension mods, but they did their job. I set the shocks to 4 in the front 5 in the rear...everybody's first run was pretty shakey because there was a confusing turn in the course. second, 3rd, and 4th runs were all good tho. there were 3 Evo's, a WRX, a couple old school mustangs, a mustang GT, a 91 mustang, a handfull of miata's, 2 neon srt-4's, a couple of corolla's, a 240SX, a ford focus, a mercury mistique a couple old school civics (one was like a 78), a datsun 510, a few formula 1 style cars, and even some go karts. There were 50 cars in all. I got lumped into the STS class, my best time was 60.304...good enough to take first place =) i felt pretty good about my time in the old 4 door family sedan because there were a couple vette's that did 60.5's as their best runs.The Evo's were doing it up with 55's-57's...one broke into the high 54's. The WRX ran 55's, but also broke a high 54. The go karts and one of the miata's actually broke into the high 48-49 range a couple times. My time of 60.304 was really good considering i had the worst power/weight ratio of any car out there, and i was the only automatic ahah...but it's all about suspension and driving. It was fun as hell...i drove my car like i stole it...but that's the only way to do it in my book...go big or go home. it was fun watchin the evo's and the WRX. The WRX lost it once and slammed into some bushes, but that dude could ****in drive....It was my first autox adventure, but i've been using my home town as one big autox course since i started driving lol the guys running it were like man, u've done this before haven't u? i was like nah, not legally.... The only thing that got me was the front passanger side tire is eaten up pretty bad and it gave out on me once or twice...i should have been able to break a high 58, low 59. with new tires i could have done that easy i think. my lil I4 with it's AEM V2, DC header, and GReddy EVO was handling it's business out there with all the super cars. Im considering getting a set of 16X7.5 volks with super sticky tires just for autoxing....i thought about using my stocks, but they're too narrow. well like i said, i'll post some pics tonight, and hopefully some video later on...my first autocross, my first trophy...i love my accord....holla back, peacE
Old 05-04-2004, 12:37 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ohhhh cant wait man hurry up
Old 05-04-2004, 06:50 AM
pwrusr

nice job!
with the 16x7.5 rims you should be able to fit some beefy tires on them.
Best bang for the buck would be falken azenis 215/45 16. Here's a link to their website.
here's a good place to buy them:
http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_t.htm
Old 05-04-2004, 06:47 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by pwrusr
nice job!
with the 16x7.5 rims you should be able to fit some beefy tires on them.
Best bang for the buck would be falken azenis 215/45 16. Here's a link to their website.
here's a good place to buy them:
http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_t.htm
how much do they charge for shipping?
Old 05-05-2004, 07:40 AM
tachy

great post man. i'm definitely trying to get into autocrossing once i get my swaybars in. can't wait to get started now.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:16 AM
pwrusr

Originally Posted by wedley2
how much do they charge for shipping?
click "backorder (or "buy/quote)" next to the tire size and and see how much they'll charge to ship to your zipcode.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:00 AM
syclone

congrats.. it's good to see more accords out in auto-x.. i competed with my accord last year in novice and won 1st.. my index was for sts, but i still beat all the other cars even in raw time.. including corvette z06's..

here's a vid of one of my runs in the accord.. use 'save target as'
accord run
Old 05-07-2004, 08:56 AM
IamNemo
You know me...

Congrats man! Sounds like you had an awesome time! I just wish they had more stuff like that in my area!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Nikon44

I run 215/45/17 as daily driving. They corner great. I havn't put it through a autox yet. The car sticks to the ground great on corners at higher speeds. I don't see why running 16 (besides wieght maybe) would make it any different. I could be wrong just my opinion.

Sean.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:14 PM
ODUB
Banned

Originally Posted by Nikon44
I run 215/45/17 as daily driving. They corner great. I havn't put it through a autox yet. The car sticks to the ground great on corners at higher speeds. I don't see why running 16 (besides wieght maybe) would make it any different. I could be wrong just my opinion.

Sean.

my 17's handle great, and i love'em but i wanna go with an extra set of 16's mainly because of the MONEY savings lol the 17x7.5 volk SE37K wheels i have now list for about 635 per wheel... 16's will save weight, and they wont cost as much. Im thinkin about a set of bronze 16x7.5 TE37's, and a set of tires just for autoxing that i can beat the hell out of and i know volks can take it...and it'll let me run special tires and not have to eat up my every day tires.... i should be able to find those rims somewhere for 500 a wheel or less...i dont feel like shelling out the 635 a wheel for 17's again and 15's would just be too small.

Quick Reply: My 6th Gen's FIRST AUTOCROSSING ADVENTURE...PICS COMIN