Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap Brakes on NEW Accords...Honda pretends not to know!!!

Old 04-20-2004, 12:15 PM
rrawlinson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crap Brakes on NEW Accords...Honda pretends not to know!!!

I have had my Accord for only one year..and I have had the brake pads replaced three times and the entire brake system replaced (incl. rotors). My brakes are now once again squeaking and crapping out on me. I have had the car in the shop once a month since I bought the vehicle last March (03). I called Corporate, and Honda is giving me the run around and pretending that they don't know what is wrong with the vehicle. I am trying to enact the Lemon Law and in the State of Arizona, it can be difficult. Any Suggestions!!????
Old 04-20-2004, 12:32 PM
usc

what else is bad on it other than squeaking?
Old 04-20-2004, 12:51 PM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Originally Posted by usc

Yeah, if they are just squeaking that doesn't necessarily mean that the pads are worn down. If these brakes are aftermarket brakes too instead of Honda Brakes then sometimes the fit also may not be 100% perfect (but still fully functional), in which case minor squeaking noises can in fact occur.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:10 PM
rrawlinson

Originally Posted by SmutWanter
Yeah, if they are just squeaking that doesn't necessarily mean that the pads are worn down. If these brakes are aftermarket brakes too instead of Honda Brakes then sometimes the fit also may not be 100% perfect (but still fully functional), in which case minor squeaking noises can in fact occur.
At first a chirping noise comes from the front end of the vehicle, then my brakes squeak, then it sounds like metal on metal, and last the brakes start to grind and judder. This aren't after market parts...this is a brand new 2003 Accord and the brake pads had to be replaced after having the car for only two weeks. I don't know what to do, because Honda is refusing to help me. Would my problem go away if I put on after market rotors and brakes?
Old 04-20-2004, 01:12 PM
rrawlinson

Originally Posted by usc
I have a range of noises...chirping bird noises, then squeaking, then metal on metal grinding. Everything has been replaced and I am still having problems, I don't know what to do at this point.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:27 PM
usc

well, assuming the car stops, then there's not a whole lot you can do in terms of trying to invoke the lemon law. i assume you're just driving "normally"? you don't ride your brakes or drive the car like you stole it kind of madness? how many miles on the car?

the metal-on-metal sound is actually normal (unless it's REALLY REALLY loud). this is dependent on the pad material. as far as the squealing, they should have placed some anti-squeal compound before installing the pads. i'm not sure what else to say. make sure the rotors are mounted flush to the hub and that you torque the wheels down properly with a torque wrench.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:58 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Have you been going to the same dealer?

If your car is under warranty you may want to start over at another local dealer. I had good and bad Honda dealer's you may want to ask around for a good local honda dealer. Some dealer's have better techs, and better service departments. Finding the right one can really help. I had a bad throughout bearing under warranty and it plagued me for quite some time until the right dealer was found.

2nd, if the car is out of warranty you may want to try your hand at new pads and rotors yourself. 3rd, be sure the dealer gave you new rotors and didn't just turn your's down on the car with a brake laith as many Honda dealer's do, this can lead to more issues.

Honda has a TSB for pads on the new Accord you may just be getting bad pads and the right dealer experience hasn't yet helped.

I nearly sold my car 3 years ago over the clutch issue, now I'm very glad I held off till the issue was fixed. I love my car now more then ever, remember--anything can be fixed with the right mechanic your car is just nuts and bolts and they can be fixed.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:28 PM
accordvtec77

what the hell do you expect when you have semi-METALLIC pads rubbing against STEEL discs? OF COURSE it's going to squeak. There isn't a car in this WORLD who's brakes won't squeak.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:28 PM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Yeah I think that the place you may be taking your car to be serviced just isn't doing what they are supposed to do. I have never heard of any problem like this in the past with Honda brakes. Like USC said, unless you are riding the brakes or are constantly braking hard (which would involve a whole lot) then it seems almost impossible to wear out brakes that fast, in which case it is how these brakes and rotors are being installed.

I know that I drive my car overall hard, and I haven't had to replace my brakes in close to 2yrs. now...
Old 04-20-2004, 07:24 PM
xbajbusx

i had i vibration in my 2003 accord i had my friend fix under warrenty now everythink is fine ,the honda got a recall on them people don't even know about it good think having someone work for a honda dealer you know recalls before they even come out

Quick Reply: Crap Brakes on NEW Accords...Honda pretends not to know!!!