Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

difference between types of finishes on rims

Old 04-13-2004, 07:41 PM
deems
'03 Accord Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default difference between types of finishes on rims

i dont want chrome rims because i cant afford them with my income...what other options are there? is alloy the same thing as machined finish? i dont like the solid white or black colored rims. i'm looking to spend about $2000 on wheels however i'd like to spend as little as possible for something i like.
i've checked out www.americaneaglewheel.com and www.wheelpros.com all of their stuff is unpriced and i guess cant be bought online. wheel pros i think are only into chrome wheels. are there any company sites with unchromed rims? im planning to get mine through wheel works if not online.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:34 PM
a504boi

Originally Posted by deems
i dont want chrome rims because i cant afford them with my income...what other options are there? is alloy the same thing as machined finish? i dont like the solid white or black colored rims. i'm looking to spend about $2000 on wheels however i'd like to spend as little as possible for something i like.
i've checked out www.americaneaglewheel.com and www.wheelpros.com all of their stuff is unpriced and i guess cant be bought online. wheel pros i think are only into chrome wheels. are there any company sites with unchromed rims? im planning to get mine through wheel works if not online.
the other option besides chrome is alloys...alloy isnt a color..its the type of material used to make the rim. try looking through sites like www.wheelsnext.com www.tirerack.com or whatever tickles ur fancy...right now im lookin at a set of konig holes ...i want them so bad
Old 04-13-2004, 09:04 PM
mayonaise

www.wheelmax.com

if you don't want chrome rims, why have you been looking at those two sites only? they seem to specialize in chrome rims..
Old 04-13-2004, 09:58 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn $2000 thats alot of money. i got my gunmetal for $750 and they new . oh btw that includes some nice 17" expensive wheel/tired plus install balanced. i think best way is too look around i was about to spend over $1000 n some rims that are uglier that what i have and they didnt include tired or balanced.

get some $2000 rims i will take ur car j/k
Old 04-13-2004, 11:49 PM
deems
'03 Accord Coupe

if you have time, go to www.tirerack.com put in my car's info (satin silver 2003 accord coupe ex 4cyl) filter it by 18" and painted...scroll through the rims until it says 11 through 15. and click on the last ones...kazera kz-v. i like those, they're pretty cheap too. but what does everyone else think of them?
Old 04-13-2004, 11:52 PM
deems
'03 Accord Coupe

Originally Posted by mayonaise
if you don't want chrome rims, why have you been looking at those two sites only? they seem to specialize in chrome rims..
wheel works gave me a couple booklets of places they deal with. so thats what i was looking at in the beginning.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:48 AM
Intrepid241

Discount Tire.com has some great deals. I got my Enkeis and Yokohamas mouted/balenced/shipped for $1030.00 with new wheel locks.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:22 PM
jschmid

You'll be glad you "can't afford chrome" cause it wouldn't look good on an Accord anyway.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2k and you can't afford chrome....ummmmm

Chrome looks like ass on Accords anyways.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:32 PM
deems
'03 Accord Coupe

Originally Posted by Nightshade
2k and you can't afford chrome
i never looked into rooms before i said that. i found some i liked for 150/rim and they satisfy me right now. i didnt buy them yet. i thought 2000 was gonna be about what i had to spend for rims and tires cause the guy at wheel works said so.

Quick Reply: difference between types of finishes on rims