Notices

Removing a spoiler.

Old 03-31-2004, 10:53 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually if you really do want the spoiler gone, trade trunks with someone who has the same color w/out a spoiler. hell, maybe even the dealer will trade you.

they do this at the suby dealers since peeps like me don't want a wing on WRXs.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:20 AM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally Posted by AccordSleeper
actually if you really do want the spoiler gone, trade trunks with someone who has the same color w/out a spoiler. hell, maybe even the dealer will trade you.

they do this at the suby dealers since peeps like me don't want a wing on WRXs.
hmmm... i dont think a dealer would do this on a car almost a year old.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:22 AM
remues

leave it.. its looks nice.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:48 AM
accordtsx

Originally Posted by 04 Acura TSX
A lot of people been telling me that the TSX would look better without the spoiler and such. So I am thinking about removing the spoiler off my TSX. How would I do this and what can I use to plug in the holes? I am still thinking about it cuz I don't want to hurt my car if I do decide to remove it.

Here is a picture of my car w/ spoiler.

If you would like I will post a pic of my TSX with no rear spoiler. Let me know. Personally I would leave it on. I would'nt want to try to plug the holes.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:59 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

I know how to fix it. Just add the body kit; problem solved.

Seriously, you'd need to repaint the trunk after plugging up the holes, and thats alot of work. Take the following for what its worth, but swapping trunk lids is a no-no also. The body panels have the VIN's on them, and youd ideally want them all to match. If you plan on keeping your car for a looong time, and not trading it in at a dealer, then its a mute point.

The TL-S / The 540i
Old 03-31-2004, 02:15 PM
phat99accord
BMW Tech

deffinatly keep the spoiler it adds to the look
Old 03-31-2004, 02:24 PM
vassil3427

[QUOTE=AccordSleeper]spoilers don't add value to a used car, but they can be a selling point of the car.
QUOTE]

Hey I sell used cars, and let me tell you, adding a spoiler always increases the value..example, we buy an ordinary accord through one of the dealer only auto auctions, slap a spoiler on, run it back through. Always brings a bit more money, and only because it had a spoiler. Normally people always want spoilers, therefore adding a demand, and therefore adding value.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:43 PM
04 Acura TSX
DOHC iVTEC Power!

The spoiler is staying on. Like everyone says its such a hassle to remove and get it painted again. When I looked at my car today I could not help but admire it more with the spoiler on it. Thanks you guys for the help and suggestions.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:07 PM
i3igpete
God of Car

without it, the back end kind of looks like a camry...
Old 03-31-2004, 04:15 PM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

[QUOTE=vassil3427]
Originally Posted by AccordSleeper
spoilers don't add value to a used car, but they can be a selling point of the car.
QUOTE]

Hey I sell used cars, and let me tell you, adding a spoiler always increases the value..example, we buy an ordinary accord through one of the dealer only auto auctions, slap a spoiler on, run it back through. Always brings a bit more money, and only because it had a spoiler. Normally people always want spoilers, therefore adding a demand, and therefore adding value.
my point is on private sale or on trade in it does not add value. you are not going to give me an extra $100 cause i have the oem wing not. the wing helps sell the car and can get used car dealers more money from stupid people, but it doesn't add any real value to the car for the owner. in an nada book is does not say spoiler or not spoiler. it works the sameway with an aftermarket HU. your not going to give me any more or any less $$, whether i have a stock HU or aftermarket CD HU on a trade in. now when you go and sell the car a used car dealer will use it as a selling point to try to squeeze more money just like with a spoiler.

this is why i don't call it adding value, i call it a selling point.

Quick Reply: Removing a spoiler.