Notices

Traffic Ticket

Old 03-25-2004, 07:06 AM
sleepyx637

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic Ticket

Okay, i have no idea where this question goes, but i've put it in here because i have a 2000 Accord.

I was given a ciatation in OC (Brea) for failure to yield/unsafe left turn. On the citation, but cop put my bday wrong (12/1/85, 18yo) instead of (12/1/81, 22yo), and it even blatantly says 'age 21 in 2002' on that big red stripe. I've heard of people beating citations easily because of discrepencies on the citation. Has anyone else heard of this? Do you guys know wut reason i would give for beating the citation?
Old 03-25-2004, 07:56 AM
JayDub96

I've herd of it if they put the wrong color or make, not a birth date.(Parking tickets)
But I guess you can give it a try. Your name and everything else is right.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:57 AM
flyromeo3

fight it dog.....tell em that person isnt you..
I mean its not your fault the cop cant read........If he cant write down the right information what would make the judge think that the citation is real.

You could of been sitting inyour car cleaning your rear view mirror while parked by a hydrant and he gives you a citation for an illegal turn. Put it this way go to court and chances are the cop will be there ( I have never had a cop not show up ) and be like how can you justify that person was me? You wrote down the wrong b-day. Someone could of stolen your identity and just alterhe b-day....Just bring your birth certificate or something to prove your real d.o.b
Old 03-25-2004, 10:06 AM
sleepyx637

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
fight it dog.....tell em that person isnt you..
I mean its not your fault the cop cant read........If he cant write down the right information what would make the judge think that the citation is real.

You could of been sitting inyour car cleaning your rear view mirror while parked by a hydrant and he gives you a citation for an illegal turn. Put it this way go to court and chances are the cop will be there ( I have never had a cop not show up ) and be like how can you justify that person was me? You wrote down the wrong b-day. Someone could of stolen your identity and just alterhe b-day....Just bring your birth certificate or something to prove your real d.o.b
Thx for the input, but i dont think thats really a good idea. i mean, we obviously know that he pulled me over for a bad turn and that it was me in the car. doew anyone who has fought a ticket due to a disrepency have a suggestion?
Old 03-25-2004, 01:54 PM
mohamed_ibrah
Tech in Training

Originally Posted by sleepyx637
Thx for the input, but i dont think thats really a good idea. i mean, we obviously know that he pulled me over for a bad turn and that it was me in the car. doew anyone who has fought a ticket due to a disrepency have a suggestion?
Read the "wording" and the paragraph usually where the officer is supposed to sign. It might say something to the degree of "I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct" and have the officers signature, and since there is incorrect information, the reasoning behind the ticket is not valid. Obviously you do definitly want to bring a birth certificate or something to that effect.

So what exactly did you do, did you forget to turn on your signals, if that's the case, did the officer check your rear lights to see if there is a burnt out bulb? Did the officer have a clear line of sight to where you where performing the act, or was there traffic obstruction? These are all hints by the way
Old 03-25-2004, 03:05 PM
polakatl

I really doubt that the wrong b-day will get u anything. the cop was off by one digit in the ear and thats an honest mistake. U have to find a better way to battle the ticket. Why would they let u go simply because the cop wrote down the wrong b-day. U still did what u did (i'm assuming) so they won't drop it.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:08 PM
sleepyx637

Originally Posted by mohamed_ibrah
Read the "wording" and the paragraph usually where the officer is supposed to sign. It might say something to the degree of "I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct" and have the officers signature, and since there is incorrect information, the reasoning behind the ticket is not valid. Obviously you do definitly want to bring a birth certificate or something to that effect.

So what exactly did you do, did you forget to turn on your signals, if that's the case, did the officer check your rear lights to see if there is a burnt out bulb? Did the officer have a clear line of sight to where you where performing the act, or was there traffic obstruction? These are all hints by the way
Hi Mohamed_Ibrah, thanks for the great hint! :blue: what you told me was a lot more helpful then flyromeo3's (sorry man, but i think i might have got my as* rodney kinged if i called the cop a idiot). The citation says right above the officer's signature 'I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California the foregoing is true and correct.

The officer said i made a left turn while the oncoming traffic was too close and i can possibly argue that he didnt have a clear line of sight since he was viewin the incident from the side through 4 lanes of cars. I was thinking of doing trial by written declaration instead of actually going to court. Obviously i would present a diagram to show that the line of sight was most likely compromised or obstructed. And that the angle the officer viewed the incident from compromised his depth perception and ability to judge how close i was to the other car (there was no honking nor squealing of tires to indicate otherwise). I was also thinking of pointing out that if he didn't copy down my info right in the 10-20min he had my license, he obviously wasn't in a very observant state of mind in that 5-10 second period during which the incident happened either. What do you think?

Also, how would i go about writing that 'since there is incorrect information, the reasoning behind the ticket is not valid'? What reasoning can i give for that conclusion? Thanks for all the help man, if i get through this one, i'll seriously send a six pack of beer out to you if you want!! :cheers: So how do you know all this? is this personal experience...? haha

(Any more help i can get from other people will also be greatly appreciated!! i dont wanna blow a week's paycheck on a stupid ticket and traffic school)
Old 03-25-2004, 03:16 PM
sleepyx637

Originally Posted by polakatl
I really doubt that the wrong b-day will get u anything. the cop was off by one digit in the ear and thats an honest mistake. U have to find a better way to battle the ticket. Why would they let u go simply because the cop wrote down the wrong b-day. U still did what u did (i'm assuming) so they won't drop it.
haha, i see what you're saying, but the cop is obviously doing something wrong. nowhere does it say 1985 as my bday, and by putting that year down, that means he had to sit and back-calculate my age from that date. the age he got is 18, but on my california license, theres this bold red line that says 'age 21 in 2002'. so either he doesnt know what year it is or he's not really competent...either way, i dont want to give my hard earned money to some idiot...
Old 03-25-2004, 05:48 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

My teacher got a 400 dollar ticket but the guy spelled his name wrong so he gave it to the judge and he let him go.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:37 PM
xX94aCcOrDXx
leet member

its only a citation.. not worth fighting

Quick Reply: Traffic Ticket