Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

raaaaa!! stupid

Old 03-17-2004, 10:51 AM
PissedPanther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raaaaa!! stupid

ok well i got pulled over going to school today, freaking i was in a 40 going 52 about to pass the 30 mph zone and then a cop gets me on laser, he said i was going 52 in the 30 THOUGH i was slowing down which he put on his lights when i was in the 40 so whatever, he made the ticket for 39 in a 30 but he put 52 at the bottom of the ticket, but i'm still going to court....but anyway what do you all say about radar and laser jammers?? because he got me really really quick i mean right when i saw him his lights went on and i heard that laser radar detectors aren't that good with warning you, but how about the jammers??
Old 03-17-2004, 11:54 AM
PissedPanther

bump.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:26 PM
mohamed_ibrah
Tech in Training

If you are tagged with a laser...might as well pull over and wait for the cop, those things are somewhat accurate to the vehicle being "zapped", where as the other radar bands (like Ka which CHP uses) can give pre-warning because they bounce off other objects and can be picked up by the radar ahead of time to give you warning to slow down. The cop has got to zap you directly to get a read on that band. My dad's 1992 Accord has a radar detector, but most of the time, I find it annoying as hell with the beeping so I disconnect it. Plus if a cop sees it...they are more than likely to give a ticket as opposed to a warning as my friend (who is one) tells me. It's like telling the officer indirectly, "I like to speed so I try to avoid you guys with this."

Jammers are obviously illegal since you are interferring with a....oh what's the terminology....can't think of it now, but it is something like "official" or "governmental" signal. Some states allow them, but not CA.

here's a thought...how about slowing down? 52 in a 30 is quite fast
Old 03-17-2004, 03:57 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

i got a ticket for doing 91 in a 60, paid 200 for it. I went ahead the court date and the judge was nice enough not to suspend my lisence And the cop was nice too for not cuffing me. I don't know what did I do at that time, I was heading to Daytona, FL and obviously didn't pay attention to it. I haven't receive any tickets for about 3 yrs already.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:32 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

when my friend went 125 and got a 500 dollar ticket and suspension for 3 months, i think he got the clue, i hope you learned something valuable out of this cuz tickets suck. the police will get you for anything nowadays. Valentine 1 is the way to go if you want one...
Old 03-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Intrepid241

we all speed...its a fact of life
Old 03-17-2004, 05:58 PM
PissedPanther

do any of you guys have the valentine 1?
Old 03-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

little offtopic... but i was recently pulled over for VC 21651(a) (2). "(2) To make any left, semicircular, or U-turn with the vehicle on the divided highway, except through an opening in the barrier designated and intended by public authorities for the use of vehicles or through a plainly marked opening in the dividing section. " This is a 1 point viloation... what do you guys think the fine will be? roughly.

thanks
Sean
Old 03-17-2004, 06:32 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

hmm, my friend did that and was excused from it (except he had to sit thr for an hour and do a report on how many cars did illegal u-turns and report back to the judge) i think it was 50 bucks.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:06 PM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

I know the expensive radar dectectors are really good (not ones from places such as Best Buy) and are less likely to get zapped. If you get one with a VG Guard of 3 or more with a 360 degree radius then you should be good, but be prepared to hear a lot of warnings from it even if Starsky and Hutch aren't on the same road as you are...

In terms of the ticket, definitely go to court, because nothing bad can come from it. The worst that could happen is that they don't plea bargain with you, and you're in the same postition you were in before. I have bargained my way out of 2 affenses now... once I kept my license from being suspended and points lowered along with 75% of the fine back, and another time with no points being counted against my record. Now, I just try to remember all of the speed traps I come accross for the future so I don't have to go to court anymore...

Quick Reply: raaaaa!! stupid