Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are these okay to buy? ebay seller selling JDM style headlights...

Old 03-14-2004, 04:28 PM
clearH22accord
JDM H22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are these okay to buy? ebay seller selling JDM style headlights...

is this okay or should i just save up for authentic stanley JDM headlights???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2466657694
Old 03-14-2004, 04:41 PM
slpycd7
H22 fo lyfe!

Originally Posted by clearH22accord
is this okay or should i just save up for authentic stanley JDM headlights???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2466657694
Those headlights will work, so no problem there.

It is up to you whether you want to be authentic or not. People choose the Depos because they are cheap, and the average joe would not beable to tell the difference.

http://board.hondasociety.com/showthread.php?t=98416 :rick: Groupbuy for the JDM style headlights. the price may be cheaper than egay.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:51 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

wow, $200? that's quite a bit for something you could do yourself at a fraction of that cost. you'd just have to buy the corners.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:01 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eklypse39
wow, $200? that's quite a bit for something you could do yourself at a fraction of that cost. you'd just have to buy the corners.
The housings are slightly different... the "JDM Style" and real "JDM" lights have a seperate reflector and bezel, like a 6th gen headlight. The OEM lights on 5th gens have a one piece bezel and reflector... painting them is a little more difficult than a 6th gen headlight... because the reflector has to be masked off. They also dont look quite the same as a "JDM" type light. I think the "JDM" ones are better cause you can adjust the low and high beams seperatly.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:54 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by SumAccordGuy94
The housings are slightly different... the "JDM Style" and real "JDM" lights have a seperate reflector and bezel, like a 6th gen headlight. The OEM lights on 5th gens have a one piece bezel and reflector... painting them is a little more difficult than a 6th gen headlight... because the reflector has to be masked off. They also dont look quite the same as a "JDM" type light. I think the "JDM" ones are better cause you can adjust the low and high beams seperatly.
to get the authentic JDM look for the 5th gen headlights you have to mask off the entire rear back end of the headlight housing anyways. some people just choose not to, and paint the entire thing black.

anyways, the depo headlights will come with headlight brackets too, so if you wanted the JDM style corners as well, you won't have to modify the brackets, and they'll fit perfectly. with the stock USDM headlight bracket, you have to modify them so that the corners will just go in place, then they most likely still won't fit right - one of the mounting points is located differently.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:58 PM
clearH22accord
JDM H22

Originally Posted by XonedReality
Those headlights will work, so no problem there.

It is up to you whether you want to be authentic or not. People choose the Depos because they are cheap, and the average joe would not beable to tell the difference.

http://board.hondasociety.com/showthread.php?t=98416 :rick: Groupbuy for the JDM style headlights. the price may be cheaper than egay.

thanks man
Old 03-14-2004, 07:00 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by SumAccordGuy94
painting them is a little more difficult than a 6th gen headlight... because the reflector has to be masked off.
i learn something new everyday.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:20 AM
b52

how much does the stanley JDM accord headlight cost? A friend of mine has a genuine set, stanley made, but one of the corners have a small chip. Around 1 cm. but its not leaking? i dont know , planning to sell them over ebay and make some money.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:02 AM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

I have the jdm corners and Would love to have the one piece but they don't make them do they? Anyone know any type-r style 1 pieces with the one projector ? Late
Old 04-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Coldsun
Rolling Senseless

Location: The Home of 911, the place of the Lost Towers, we still banging we never lost power! Rockland NY..

I think they are Fine to buy....
just make sure you pay a good price...
And when they are installed dude makes sure the light is reflected towards the ground and not into the sky
but get em man, they won't fall apart and are a cheap alternative...
remember, i think those only have one slot for a corner light, so kiss that goodbye
-Sun

Quick Reply: Are these okay to buy? ebay seller selling JDM style headlights...