Notices

Vertex Motor Sports, Mclean VA

Old 02-13-2004, 03:07 AM
REDV-6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertex Motor Sports, Mclean VA

Went there yesterday to have OBX Headers/B-Pipe and Eibach Pro-Kit intalled. Steve Kim and his brother hooked me up price and quality wise. They also took the time to explain to me what I was doing, and the pros and cons of it. No attempt to talk me into something I did not want. I noticed a slight increase in power on the way home, but this morning on the way to work, the car flew. I already have the comptech axlebacks and icebox. The biggest drawback was the resonance around 2K. If you judiciously use the throttle then you can compensate for that annoying sound. At 61 mph, the sound dissapears, but when you dip into the throttle it comes back. Cruising at 80, the sound is neglible with the radio on, or even off. Around town, It is annoying as anything. Does anyone think that the Comptech quiet tip inserts would reduce the sound inside of the cabin, or should I go back to my stock b-pipe. Steve is keeping it for 14 days to let me decide. The phone to vertex is 403-883-0403 infor@vertexmotorsports.com
Old 02-13-2004, 07:09 AM
nizmugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by REDV-6
They also took the time to explain to me what I was doing, and the pros and cons of it. No attempt to talk me into something I did not want.
but they talked you into getting an OBX header... :naughty: