Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got new TL-S strut!

Old 02-02-2004, 01:16 PM
jobata23
Got Vtec?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got new TL-S strut!

I finally got the TL-S strut today and installed it immediately! looks nice and really easy to put on, but i didnt get the rear sway bar yet, probably next week. I thank jschmid for helping me out, giving me the part number cuz the ppl in acura charging me too much. Maybe they thought i wanted to buy the comptech ones :thinking: Well i gotta to wait till next week for my sways bars. Also does any1 know if the front sways will 6th gen accord too? well here's a couple of a pics of it:
Old 02-02-2004, 01:29 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

how much did you pay?
Old 02-02-2004, 01:36 PM
jobata23
Got Vtec?

Default cost

Originally Posted by LX4CYL
how much did you pay?
well it was $65 plus tax came out $70. its worth it, i feel the car cornering better and i think its better than buying the neuspeed strut bar. :naughty:
Old 02-02-2004, 01:40 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Originally Posted by jobata23
well it was $65 plus tax came out $70. its worth it, i feel the car cornering better and i think its better than buying the neuspeed strut bar. :naughty:
it is, because it links all 4 points (2 strut towers + 2 points on firewall), unlike the aftermarket Neuspeed Bar, which is seperate from the stock firewall braces.

THIS ALL APPLIES TO 6TH GENS BTW!!!!

I'm pretty sure someone is going to come here and argue otherwise, with no actual proof. syclone has autocrossed with the Neuspeed bar, and replaced it with the TL-S/CL-S bar, and found it "felt" better. I'm not sure how a front strut bar should "feel" but it's definitely on my list of suspension mods that I want to buy, simply because it's cheap and effective...

Are there any online stores like hondapartssource.com that sell acura parts?
Old 02-02-2004, 03:36 PM
accordhybrid

try www.acuraautomotiveparts.org

Accordhybrid
Old 02-02-2004, 03:47 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Originally Posted by accordhybrid
damn, the diagram for the '02 Accord's "Front Lower Arm" shows the 2 stock firewall-strut bars, but the one for the '03 TL-S has been left out. I'll email them...

BTW, the TL-S 19mm rear sway can be had for cheap from that site!
Old 02-02-2004, 03:59 PM
polakatl

dude u will be even more pleased with the tl-s sway bar. One word of advice on the sway... do not overtighten the sway brackets. I did and when I was putting down my car the bracket snapped off the head of a screw. It was a pain to drill it out and I replaced it with a screw from the engine bay LOL.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:22 PM
jobata23
Got Vtec?

Default put What down

Originally Posted by polakatl
dude u will be even more pleased with the tl-s sway bar. One word of advice on the sway... do not overtighten the sway brackets. I did and when I was putting down my car the bracket snapped off the head of a screw. It was a pain to drill it out and I replaced it with a screw from the engine bay LOL.
Are u talking about jacking it up cuz i didnt jack mine up just took the nuts off and installed it. But the ride is freakin better at cornering no more flexing crap when u make a rights turn cuz there's more weight at driver side. I would recommend this mod to all 6th gen accords. Cheap and matches urs cars
Old 02-03-2004, 03:19 AM
Intrepid241

I really want to get some CL-S Sways... soon.

I like my nuspeed bar...
This is an old pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Engine_07 (1)A.jpg (181.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 02-03-2004, 07:09 AM
DriftKing

Originally Posted by jobata23
Are u talking about jacking it up cuz i didnt jack mine up just took the nuts off and installed it. But the ride is freakin better at cornering no more flexing crap when u make a rights turn cuz there's more weight at driver side. I would recommend this mod to all 6th gen accords. Cheap and matches urs cars
Yes, he is talking about jacking it up, but he is also talking about the rear sway bar, not the front strut brace. And his advice is good. When you do the rear sway bar, you have to lift the car to get underneith it, but you might want to keep a jack handy, you will need to compress the shocks to fully install the bar. Just something to think about. Have fun with the strut brace.

Quick Reply: Got new TL-S strut!