Notices

just wondering what you guys think / what i should do

Old 01-29-2004, 03:04 PM
SnP2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just wondering what you guys think / what i should do

Here's my 1998 Accord EX 3.0L VTEC. Just wondering what I should do to it. Right now, I'm thinking of chrome exhaust tips, Angel Eye headlights (or clear headlights), and painting it a high-gloss black. I thought long and hard about adding rims and a body kit, I felt it was not worth it since insurance companies don't cover damaged mods. Also, it makes the ride look inconspicuous to the cops . Note: these were taken beginning of January, as a result of the shitty weather :sqfawk: my car isn't as clean as it would normally be. Also, bear with me, the good digi camera broke (damn Nikon shitheads, every Nikon digital camera I've had was being repaired 90% of the time). I'll post some new pics this summer.

http://bakshi.us/users/snp2k/car.htm
Old 01-30-2004, 08:16 AM
JustOneMore

I thought long and hard about adding rims and a body kit, I felt it was not worth it since insurance companies don't cover damaged mods.
I'd check with your insurance company about that. I have 20th Century and they cover $1000 in aftermarket parts. I know that isn't much compared to rims and such, but it's something...at least covers the kit. Also, chances are, if you get in an accident (all wishes hope that you don't) the body shop can give you a deal on putting it on and working some of the costs through the insurance company (as covered under comprehensive or something). Anyhow, Good luck with your ride...6th gen sedans have great potential of lookin clean and sleek...see jschmid's ride for pointers!
Old 01-30-2004, 12:26 PM
jobata23
Got Vtec?

Default about ur car

well about the body kit... Are u planning to get those full body kits or just the Wings West one. WW would diffinately look really good on ur car cuz im my opinion im not really a big fan of body kits. Also if u get body kits u'll most likely to be pulled by cops. The WW kit will make ur car stand out (more attention cuz look nice) and clean.So hands down on body kits but hands up on WW kits(just lip kits). A good example of a WW Kit on ur car it would look like jschmid's car nice and clean. Oh yeah one final words Dont Get Angel eyes!! yeah it looks nice but the light output is really bad and u'll be burning bulk like crazy. Just black house ur head lights and do a 9005 conversion. I mean by 9005 conversion is to replace ur low beams bulbs(9006) put a 9005 high beams bulks instead, u'll be doing some trimmings but its worth it. Just searh the forums on how to do it step by step. Hopefully i kinda gave u an idea!!
Old 01-31-2004, 08:11 AM
SnP2k

Cool, thanks for the info about the Angel Eyes. The lip kit on jschmid's car is actually more like what I was thinking about because those lips aren't quite as expensive as whole bumpers.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:27 AM
aznsuperm3

forget the chrome exhaust tip, thats rice...get an exhuast system
Old 01-31-2004, 01:24 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

chrome exahust tips sound good. i keep seeing black/rotting dingy tips on 6th gen accords.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:25 PM
aux

btw angel eye lights are fugly. at least most of the ones ive seen. imo.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:31 PM
aux

Originally Posted by aznsuperm3
thats rice
whats that
Old 01-31-2004, 02:51 PM
SnP2k

haha, yeah, the tips are rice, but a hell of a lot cheaper than new mufflers.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:26 PM
superhids

CLS exhaust

Quick Reply: just wondering what you guys think / what i should do