Notices

Alarm stuck????

Old 01-18-2004, 06:49 PM
DSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm stuck????

I own a 5gen
Yesterday my stock alarm/remote keyless was working fine.
Today the led is stuck on and none of the buttons are working and I need to use the master key to get in. Whats wrong????
Old 01-19-2004, 11:31 PM
akord 97

The led is stuck on in the car or on the remote??
Old 01-20-2004, 06:10 AM
Spyfunkr

Sat on it? Got it wet? New remote.

Spy
Old 01-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Nikon44

Does the remote have a battery? If so maybe replace the battery and see if that works.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:19 PM
PissedPanther

well what can alarm you got? aftermarket? stock? i know on Viper Alarm's when the led in your car is on you disabled it and theres a way to enable it, look in your book, if thats what you got.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:30 PM
pirate252

Originally posted by PissedPanther
well what can alarm you got? aftermarket? stock? i know on Viper Alarm's when the led in your car is on you disabled it and theres a way to enable it, look in your book, if thats what you got.
I did that with mine by acidentally puching to many random buttons...just had to randomly puch buttons again to get it to work right again, super ghetto fix
Old 01-20-2004, 06:18 PM
DSi

Originally posted by pirate252
I did that with mine by acidentally puching to many random buttons...just had to randomly puch buttons again to get it to work right again, super ghetto fix
hehe already tried that
the remotes led is stuck I changed the battery twice and its the same: no panic function, no enable/disable function just that led turned on.
The security system seems to be working without the remote since when I lock the car (with the key) the security alert led in the car starts to blink.

The alarm is stockh:
Old 01-20-2004, 06:31 PM
DSi

update
I just found the spare remote, plugged in the new battery and the #(/$&&"# remotes led turned on
Old 01-20-2004, 06:36 PM
pirate252

Thats really weird...You say that you think its working when you manually lock the doors cuz the LED comes on...if you unlock the door with your key the alarm doesnt go off right? I dont know about stock alarms, but on aftermarkets that i have delt with you cant open the door with the key without the alarm going off, so i dont think it activating just becasue the led comes on...

As for the remotes, that is trippy...It even happened on a backup remote huh...try taking the battery out and getting out of range of the car...I wouldnt think the car can transmit to the remote to screw it up, but somthing must be somhow if its screwing up a backup remote...

I really dont know...my stepmom is havin some major probs with her facotry alarm, and i tryed working on it, and couldnt fix it, its been in the shop for a few days...
Old 01-20-2004, 09:12 PM
DSi

this is getting worse!!!!! when i get near the car the locks go like crazy up and down help