Notices

how do you remove connectors from headlight bulbs????

Old 01-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Melt
the lone outdoorsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you remove connectors from headlight bulbs????

Ok, so im busy doing the black housing DIY and i have my front bumper off, all the bolts holding in the headlights off, and all that is ****in stopping me right now is the connectors that go from the car and clip into the headlight bulbs. I cant for the life of me get the damn things off.

Does anyone have any helpful tips ... i was thinking of just cutting the wire and dealing with it once its off the car, but that strikes me as extremely ghetto, and i REALLY dont want to do that if i dont have to.

Ive tried spraying some contact cleaner on there hoping it will loosen it up, but with no luck

Please help me out ... i want this to be a one day project, not a two ... and this is all that is stopping me!
Old 01-14-2004, 02:59 PM
ZigenBallz
p/t slacker

heh... those things can be a pita... especially on 10+ year old stock never been removed bulbs...

My GF's old Isuzu truck was evil in that regard... took me the better part of an hour or 2 to get those damn things off...

I can sort of explain it to you but you have to look at the connector to know what I'm talking about...
the only way I can explain it is find a really small or slim flathead screwdriver and hold it under the little clip thing and work the bulb off from side to side by wiggling it back and forth... with the screwdriver you don't have to be holding tension on that part while you use your strength to work it free by wiggling...which is really needed sometimes... and please be very careful not to touch the glass bulb part when putting the new ones in...or else it WILL burn out very prematurely...

god I hope that made some sense...good luck grasshoppa.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Melt
the lone outdoorsman

this is pretty much what i did after talking with cryogen97 who made the DIY i am using to do this

currently both heads are on their second coat of paint ... im gonna clear the corners also and then get all the excess silicone off the lenses and slap em back together ... hopefully i get somewhat done with the car tonight
Old 01-14-2004, 06:28 PM
pirate252

Mine stuck too, i just has someone hold the clip down and i took a flathead screwdriver and a mallet and placed the tip of the screwdriver on both sides, back and forth, hitting it softly to lossen it and shove it down... They are a bia to get off though...
Old 01-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Melt
the lone outdoorsman

heres some pics of my heads :thumbup:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
untitled-2.jpg (24.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 01-14-2004, 08:58 PM
DownLowAcc
Keepin it Simple

Originally posted by pirate252
Mine stuck too, i just has someone hold the clip down and i took a flathead screwdriver and a mallet and placed the tip of the screwdriver on both sides, back and forth, hitting it softly to lossen it and shove it down... They are a bia to get off though...
WERD...it can be a biatch to get off
Old 01-14-2004, 11:06 PM
AcCoRd97Lx
Jordan ModaratOr

lookin' nice melt!

i bought mine h:
Old 01-14-2004, 11:27 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

:bigok: i havent done mines yet h:
Old 01-15-2004, 05:17 AM
Accord1278

It doens't matter if the car is old or new, I spent like 30 minutes trying to get the damn connectors off on a brand new 7th gen coupe when I was doing the 9005-9006 conversion. :madfawk: