Notices

Replacement Exhaust for my 95 Accord LX

Old 01-12-2004, 06:56 AM
FastFreddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Exhaust for my 95 Accord LX

I'm a new guy here... so bare with me if I screw up this or offend anyone - I didn't mean it.
I have a 1995 Accord LX 4 dr with MILD mods (window tint, Prelude wheels, clear ft turn signals). I noticed yesterday that the exhaust (a stock replacement) is starting to rust badly (tip is slightly angles up from rust and weight of exhaust in front of muffler). So it doesn't have long to live. I want a new exhaust kit for it but here's the catch. The wife drives it everyday and she does not want anything louder than stock. So my question is - is there a aftermarket cat back (or muffler) that will fit the car correctly (and Look GOOD) that is very close to the same sound levels of the stock kit? If not can I get a muffler shop to put on a EX muffler with the twin rear tips?

Thanks in advance for any tips or ideas!
Fred
Old 01-12-2004, 07:59 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are a few websites that sell the same muffler , i just order one since mine broke. $94 , the cold and snow kills it. i believe the shop can do that work for u shouldnt b hard.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:53 PM
smakdown

Default Re: Replacement Exhaust for my 95 Accord LX

Originally posted by FastFreddy
I'm a new guy here... so bare with me if I screw up this or offend anyone - I didn't mean it.
I have a 1995 Accord LX 4 dr with MILD mods (window tint, Prelude wheels, clear ft turn signals). I noticed yesterday that the exhaust (a stock replacement) is starting to rust badly (tip is slightly angles up from rust and weight of exhaust in front of muffler). So it doesn't have long to live. I want a new exhaust kit for it but here's the catch. The wife drives it everyday and she does not want anything louder than stock. So my question is - is there a aftermarket cat back (or muffler) that will fit the car correctly (and Look GOOD) that is very close to the same sound levels of the stock kit? If not can I get a muffler shop to put on a EX muffler with the twin rear tips?

Thanks in advance for any tips or ideas!
Fred
Yeah my stock exhaust is on its last legs too.....Im not one too like lots of noise either so im going with the Apexi World Sport catback for my 94. Supposedly it sounds just like stock at idle, but doesn't make much noise until you get into the high rpm range (and even then im told its very low key). Unless your wife likes to floor it alot, you should be ok. When i get mine on ill let you know exactly how it sounds and try to get a sound clip.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:24 PM
magna77

Actually I am the same way, i would like an extra bit of horsepower, but I do too much travelling to have a crazy loud exhaust. I would be really interested on hearing a sound clip as well and your opionion of it would be greatly appreciated. I have a 97 but I think they have the same exhaust setup. Thanks,

Fred, (a different Fred) in Canada.