Notices

'99 Accord/Mazda 6 Wheels?

Old 01-07-2004, 06:23 PM
tylerzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Accord/Mazda 6 Wheels?

I have a chance at picking these up at a steal for my LX-V6 sedan:

Bolt pattern is identical at 5x114.3. Offset is 60. Tires are 215/50/17. They'll fit right?

I know it's blasphemy, but I don't have a problem with the Mazda emblems on the center caps.

Looking for advice/opinions.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:27 PM
jschmid

Nice looking wheels, but the 60 offset might be too much. Most Honda Accord OEMs are around 50 from what I've seen.

I'm sure the new Honda acura optional 17's would cost more, but they are another option.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:36 PM
tylerzero

Originally posted by jschmid
the 60 offset might be too much. Most Honda Accord OEMs are around 50 from what I've seen.
Interesting...did not know that. So you suspect that the higher offset of the Mazda wheels will result in potential rubbing? I'd really like verification as to whether they'll fit--if at all possible, I do want to get them.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:18 PM
jschmid

Yeah, the wheels may not be wide enough to rub the inner rods or spring/shock assembly though. How wide are they? I'd measure how much inner clearance you have now. While you have the wheel off, find out the offset, and compare the offset and width to the mazda wheel to see it if will fit. That will at least get you a rough approximation to whether or not it will fit.

My winter wheels are from a 4th gen Prelude, and they are 6.5" wide, with 55mm offset. I've never really looked to see how much clearnace I have, but hey, maybe you'll be fine. Take some measurements and crunch some numbers and see what you come up with.

EDIT: Okay, for the hell of it, here's some numbers.

The Mazda wheel is 7.0" wide, with a 60 offset.
The Honda wheel I have is 6.5" wide, with a 55 offset.

I even broke out the old Ti 82 .

It comes out that the mazda wheel will extend 14.89cm past the mounting hub. The Honda wheel is 13.755 from the hub. So really the difference is only 1.135cm. So as long as I have that much in all the range of movement, you'll be fine. Makes me curious. If it wasn't dark and 10 degrees outside, I'd go have a look for ya haha.

One other thing to consider, that is regardless of offset and width is spoke design, you gotta make sure they clear the caliper okay.

Tire size couldn't be better...exactly same overall diameter as your stock 205/65/15's.

But if they fit and you get them, do something with the centercap haha...at least remove the mazda emblem from it or something. Maybe the size is universal enough you can find an H one that'll fit. I've had H caps on 2 different sets of my aftermarket 18" wheels.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:06 PM
ODUB
Banned

since u like researching shit....anybody know what honda caps would fit my 17x7.5 Volk SE37K wheels?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
volk se37k.jpg (37.5 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-23-2004, 12:26 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by ODUB
since u like researching shit....anybody know what honda caps would fit my 17x7.5 Volk SE37K wheels?
Gee....can I?! Can I?! Measure the opening and/or the cap diameter.