Notices

What do you think?

Old 01-07-2004, 09:29 AM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think?

I found this Evolution II body kit on ebay. I just wanted to know what you guys think about it. It looks ok, but I would find a different bumper to put on of course.

Check it Here

I really like the front bumer for some reason.

**It is made of fiberglass, what kind of material do I want it made out of?
Old 01-07-2004, 09:39 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

I would have to say nay to that bumper. Reasons being is that buying lights for that would probably cost you another 100-200 bucks to fill in those holes. Plus that bumper sticks out way too far compared to the bumper you have now. You'll be scraping that thing in no time, even if you don't lower it.

Yes, the bumper is made of fiberglass. This is the choice material of about 90% of bodykits in the market. Mainly because it's cheap and easy to work with. Although light, it's not the best material once struck with enough force and usually shatters.

Urethane is usually used for lip kits and the such. This material is heavier than fiberglass and is a little costly to make than fiberglass, but it's resilience and flexibility is unparalleled. There are urethane bumper body kits out there, but most likely the design would not be to everybody's liking.

Then there is ABS plastic, which is what the newer lip kits are made out of. This is the same plastic that your computer monitor, or phone is made out of. It's light, somewhat flexible, and also cheap to produce. But fitment on these are questionable. You'll be lucky if you get one that fits right because if it doesn't, it's difficult to make fit to your existing bumper.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:50 PM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

thanks for the tips I will take them all into consideration