Notices

VIS Hood install

Old 01-02-2004, 08:18 PM
KjG8erZ8
Black CD5 Sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIS Hood install

I found this auction on ebay, and If you scroll down to the terms and conditions it says "Professional Installation Required - Installation must be done by a professional body shop."

I figured it was an easy bolt-on like an exhaust, etc..any of you with VIS hoods had trouble installing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33646
Old 01-02-2004, 08:21 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

it's an easy install. you might need a buddy help you hold the hood while you bolt it on, but it's not difficult at all. it should be 4 bolts at the most.

on my friends hood, the holes for the washer nozzles were there, but we drilled and mounted the rest of the stock hood parts. (the heat shield, rubber lining, ect. )
Old 01-02-2004, 08:27 PM
KjG8erZ8
Black CD5 Sedan

Originally posted by Eklypse39
we drilled and mounted the rest of the stock hood parts. (the heat shield, rubber lining, ect. )
Thanks for your response, I was wondering about that with the rubber lining underneath the hood..so the VIS hood doesn't come with it? Is it easy to take off and reinstall?
Old 01-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Justasking

Company is CTA (Cover their ass)
Old 01-02-2004, 10:54 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

yeah just have your woman hold your balls as you install it. h:

(no idea where that came from)
Old 01-02-2004, 11:20 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally posted by KjG8erZ8
Thanks for your response, I was wondering about that with the rubber lining underneath the hood..so the VIS hood doesn't come with it? Is it easy to take off and reinstall?
what you see is what you get. i'm almost positive that there isn't anything included but the hood. i'll be surprised if there are mounting holes for any of the stock parts (the lining and what not)

the heat shield is held onto the stock hood with plastic plugs. you should be able to line up the shield onto the new hood and use it as a template for making new mounting holes. use a dremel drill for more control and drill into the frame of the hood (should be plastic), and not the hood its self.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:37 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by Eklypse39
what you see is what you get. i'm almost positive that there isn't anything included but the hood. i'll be surprised if there are mounting holes for any of the stock parts (the lining and what not)

the heat shield is held onto the stock hood with plastic plugs. you should be able to line up the shield onto the new hood and use it as a template for making new mounting holes. use a dremel drill for more control and drill into the frame of the hood (should be plastic), and not the hood its self.
Actually I was surprised to see that VIS CF hoods actually do come with the holes for the underside rubber lining if you do decide to add one. I haven't bothered to swap the one that is on my original hood, so I don't know if it's easy to just take it off the stock hood and putting it on the CF hood. But I do know that the holes are there if decided to add on the rubber lining.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:02 AM
remues

cf hood is for riceboyz
Old 01-03-2004, 04:26 AM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

Originally posted by remues
cf hood is for riceboyz
y do you say?
Old 01-03-2004, 04:29 AM