Notices

Headlight Bulbs? Which ones........

Old 12-31-2003, 09:09 PM
accordhybrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Bulbs? Which ones........

I have had my silverstars for 6 months and they have both blown and I can't see replacing these bulbs every 6months cause they are blowing. So I'm going to but in my Piaa's for now until I decide on another bulb. I have looked and found either Mtec, Raybrig, or another set of the newer Piaa's, here are the different please give me your opinion on these bulbs if you have every used them.

http://www.xtremewhite.com/ORD-Light...69-1-1-1-1.cfm

The Raybrig's are 5000K

http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-9000.html

The Piaa bulbs are the same as the silverstars at 4000K

I can't find a pic of the Mtec bulbs but they are 4350K for the Superwhite

PS I did search but I didn't really get my question answered

Happy New Year

Accordhybrid
Old 12-31-2003, 09:20 PM
slpycd7
H22 fo lyfe!

have fun spending 80-90 dollars on headlights that have no visiblity at all. its just blue for the color.

but oh well its your money, do whatcha wanna do man.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:26 PM
b12uceHuy
Jizz Maste12

Just use OEM and save up for HID ($300ish)
Old 12-31-2003, 11:07 PM
accordhybrid

how are these blue when in fact they have the same light rating as the silverstars?

Accordhybrid
Old 01-01-2004, 12:26 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

wow. that's strange that your silverstars lasted for such a short time. i've had the same set in my Xterra for almost 18 months now. when mounting your bulbs, always hold the plastic socket and never the bulb its self. the oils from your fingers stick to the glass and actually cook the bulb when they get hot.

if you were looking for more light for less $$$, try a 9005 bulb conversion. High beam, or 9005's, can be trimmed down to fit a low beam, or 9006, bulb socket. the main difference is that the high beam bulbs are rated at a higher wattage and they aren't capped at the top. with the 9006's, there always seems to be this black cover at the tip of the bulb.

higher watts + more bulb exposure = great results.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:51 AM
blurr

most aftermarket bulbs burn out in a relative short period of time. once in a while you get a lucky set that lasts for a long time. so far, the krypton gas filled bulbs have lasted.

as for light output, most are pretty much the same unless you get a higher draw light bulb or get a bulb that changes the focus of the light pattern.

i've done quite a few 9005 conversions for friends and they do work well. better light output.

as for me personally, i've done the hid audi tt projector retrofit and couldn't be happier. never regretted it. there's no substitute for color and light output of the real thing.