Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hmmming sound from rear...should i align??

Old 12-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Illicit Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmmming sound from rear...should i align??

hey guys, a couple of hrs ago i decided to have some fun in the snow, i was at a parking lot with ice in it, and so i did some 180s and so on..... the thing is, at about the end, i did a 180 and then kept sliding right into a curb :doh: my rear right wheel hit the curb and went up it, i got out ok but now when i drive i can hear this low humming sound that comes from back there, depending how fast i'm going it will speed up or slow down its beat. I was wonding if u think i f***ed up my alignment or what i did, i checked the wheel and everthing looks fine the tire is a little scrapped. I have lifetime alignment on the car, i'm gonna allign it tom but wanted to know what else it could be.... thanks
Old 12-29-2003, 01:01 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

if it's a loud HUMMMMMMMMMMM ... then you might have busted a wheel bearing.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:14 AM
Accord1278

Originally posted by Eklypse39
if it's a loud HUMMMMMMMMMMM ... then you might have busted a wheel bearing.
:stupid: yeah I think so too. My other car had the same problem, with humming sound coming from the back and when I took it in for service they said the wheel bearing needed to be changed. I don't think it's that expensive and that solved the humming problem for me.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:18 AM
Illicit Accord

it's not too loud of a hummming sound, but i will have that bearing taken a look at. i hate this.... if it's not the bearing what else could it be?
Old 12-29-2003, 10:29 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally posted by Illicit Accord
it's not too loud of a hummming sound, but i will have that bearing taken a look at. i hate this.... if it's not the bearing what else could it be?
how hard did you hit the curb? did you bend the rim?
Old 12-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Illicit Accord

i hit it going maybe 5 - 10 mph and i don't think i bent the rim becuase it didn't even touch the rim, the tire just got kinda scraped but its fine. plus i've never hit so i don't really have anything to compare it to
Old 12-30-2003, 07:31 PM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

i think i have the same problem too......it makes like a rubbing noise at like 10mph if i go less than that it wont do it and if i go more than 10 it wont do it its weird......and it happened when i did get it aligned
Old 12-30-2003, 09:03 PM
akord 97

I would also agree with the wheel bearing. Its a low humming noise that gets more annoying with speed.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:43 AM
Illicit Accord

so i guess it's the wheel bearing..... is there a DIY in HAN on how to install a new wheel bearing to one of the rear wheels "i have all wheel disc btw" i dont know if that makes a difference. if there is please inform me, also i was wondering where i could get a new bearing, what prices i should expect and whatnot.