Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neuspeed sports and KYB AGX getting weak?

Old 12-02-2003, 09:04 AM
bruce_91zx
engiNERD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neuspeed sports and KYB AGX getting weak?

Hey guys. I got neuspeed sports and kyb agx's for about 5 months now. The struts are set at 2f/5r. I drive agressively most of the time and love the way it handles, but the question I have is, when they were first on, I would take off from a red light and I wouldn't feel the rear dip down at all. But when I take off now from a stop, the rear dips a little as my OEM setup. Is it me or has the setup(spring or struts) loss some stiffness from only 5 months??? Thanks.

BTW I know I could increase stiffness in the back more but I just want to know if what is happening is common.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:38 AM
carta79
Life after death

Maybe your aggressive driving has worn your suspension a little. Adjust the setting and don't drive so hard. :dunno: Do you take corners hard?

The rear could be dipping from the massive amount of horsepower & torque that you have. j/k :chuckles:
Old 12-02-2003, 11:17 AM
bruce_91zx
engiNERD

Originally posted by carta79
Maybe your aggressive driving has worn your suspension a little. Adjust the setting and don't drive so hard. :dunno: Do you take corners hard?
That probably is one of the main causes.

Originally posted by carta79

The rear could be dipping from the massive amount of horsepower & torque that you have. j/k :chuckles:
I was laughing my a$$ off when I read that I knew I shouldn't have removed my resonator!!! Damn massive power gains!
Old 12-02-2003, 01:06 PM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

Default Re: Neuspeed sports and KYB AGX getting weak?

Originally posted by bruce_91zx
Hey guys. I got neuspeed sports and kyb agx's for about 5 months now. The struts are set at 2f/5r. I drive agressively most of the time and love the way it handles, but the question I have is, when they were first on, I would take off from a red light and I wouldn't feel the rear dip down at all. But when I take off now from a stop, the rear dips a little as my OEM setup. Is it me or has the setup(spring or struts) loss some stiffness from only 5 months??? Thanks.

BTW I know I could increase stiffness in the back more but I just want to know if what is happening is common.
I would get ahold of KYB and ask them what to do about it...seeing is how they would still be in warranty
Old 12-02-2003, 02:08 PM
jschmid

That's the thing with stuff lilke that...hard to tell if it's changed or you get desensitized to your mods.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:02 PM
KjG8erZ8
Black CD5 Sedan

Dont mean to get off topic, but Im about to get my AGXs and was curious about the best setting for stiffness? Is it the higher the numbers (i.e 2f 5r) the more stiffness? Thanks
Old 12-02-2003, 03:11 PM
bruce_91zx
engiNERD

Originally posted by jschmid
That's the thing with stuff lilke that...hard to tell if it's changed or you get desensitized to your mods.
That is very true also. Maybe it's just me.

Originally posted by KjG8erZ8
Dont mean to get off topic, but Im about to get my AGXs and was curious about the best setting for stiffness? Is it the higher the numbers (i.e 2f 5r) the more stiffness? Thanks
Yes, the higher, the stiffer. Most have 2/4 for daily driving, but it was a little too soft for me so I increased the rear. I probably have to increase it to 2/6 now.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:25 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

maybe startin to break-in or settle? idk
but isnt 2 in the front a bit too soft considering much of the weight is in the front?
Old 12-02-2003, 04:33 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

try increasing the stiffness :dunno:.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:10 PM
ODUB
Banned

i had the same feelin with my ground control/tokico illumina setup...i think it's probably a combonation of the setup settling, and the driver getting used to the mod. I had to set my stiffness from 3 front and rear to 4, cuz 3 just didn't feel stiff enough anymore. I dont think 3 changed, i think i just got used to it.