Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Accord dashboard

Old 11-22-2003, 09:57 PM
mrmikemtr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Accord dashboard

Does anyone know how to go about removing the passenger side dashboard of 2003 Accord sedan? Specifically, I'm looking to get at the SRS panel as this is causing annoying rattles everytime I hit bumps. I'd like to put some foam tape on the bottom as the bottom is making contact with the metal frame below it.

I'd much rather do this myself than take it to the dealer who might make even more rattles come about.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:10 AM
xjdmb16a2six
JDM

i would take it to the dealer man. since its still under warranty. like wat if you mess up or something.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:46 AM
03accordcoupe
^New car...2003 BMW 330ci

Originally posted by xjdmb16a2six
i would take it to the dealer man. since its still under warranty. like wat if you mess up or something.

:werd: Still under warranty...its a common problem, TSB report is out on it I believe. They'll know what to do...
Old 11-24-2003, 01:49 PM
bassiccutz

Originally posted by 03accordcoupe
:werd: Still under warranty...its a common problem, TSB report is out on it I believe. They'll know what to do...
I have this problem. It sounded like it was coming from the glovebox - the dealer put foam tape around the glovebox and it still rattles. Then they added some more. It still rattles!

Do you have the TSB number? Every time I mention a specific TSB issue to the dealer, they tell me that they don't have any record of it. A number would be helpful if you have it. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2003, 04:58 PM
mrmikemtr

exactly, basiccutz...I've tried same thing thinking noise was coming from glovebox...I foam taped the crap out of it and even put some Dynamat sound deadener all around the glovebox. Dang noise is still there. I went ahead and made an appt to take it into the dealer, but I'm just afraid it's going to come back half-fixed or with more rattles (which is why I'd like to do it myself). I found out it was the SRS panel by tapping it with my hand. It is clearly that panel making contact with the metal frame beneath it that makes the noise.

Quite frankly, I am quite surprised this car makes so much rattling noise. It is just as bad as my previous car - a 98 Saturn SL2. I can't believe Honda let this car go out the door with defects like this. A $20k-$25k car shouldn't be making all this noise. I'd only expect a noise if I were to hit a giant pothole...not expansion joints.