Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Dying?

Old 11-05-2003, 06:44 AM
lingerbw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Dying?

In my 4th gen sedan, the lights dim noticeably when I come down to an idle from driving (such as coming to a stop sign or something) The blower motor and windshield wipers also slow noticeably when returning to idle. Is this an indication that my battery has seen better days? Battery is over 3 years old.

I have no problems starting.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:35 AM
IamNemo
You know me...

it may be ALOT of different things.

-battery might be going...maybe...get it checked out at Advanced Auto or Auto Zone. Those types of stores run free tests.

-battery cables could be going though I think you'd notice all the INSANE amounts of corrosion and the fect that there wouldn't be much battery cable left.

-alternator might be going out on you. I know that after I replaced mine a couple months ago, my headlights/interior lights started surging and backing back down. I've got too much voltage at times...and you have the opposite. My suggestion would be go to a website like goboom.com and get a refurbished alternator (if that IS the problem). I wouldn't buy a new factory one because they cost 263.62 (I checked just the other night)

Hope that helped some.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:36 AM
lingerbw

Cool, I'll take it to Autozone to rule out the battery. Thanks