Notices

Acceleration cutoff higher speeds.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:08 AM
95 Accord LX
What needs fixing today?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acceleration cutoff higher speeds.

I have a 95 Accord EX with the 2.2L Vtec engine.I ported and polished the intake and exhaust extensively without removing the valves in the head for a complete polish. This includes polishing the entire length of the lower intake runners and polishing the throttle body. The car feels like it has a lot more torque and accelerates pretty good for what it is. Mods are only air intake and 2.25 inch exhaust.The stock exhaust manifold is port and polish matched to the cylinder head. It currently has the stock CAT though I've used a high-flow CAT before (just too loud).
-Before port and polish, the car had average fuel economy of 25mpg and acceleration was normal between 80mph-100mph. Afterwards about 28mpg and at about 80mph, it feels like the car is cutting off from lack of fuel or ignition cutting spark. Under normal acceleration I don't hear or feel any knock ping.
-Without hooking up a fuel pressure gauge, is there a known limit of the stock fuel pump/fuel injectors or something else that would cause this cutoff. Acceleration with an app on the phone (don't know how accurate) showed 0-60 at 6.5 seconds, 0-70 about 10 seconds. 0-80 about 15 seconds and 0-100 at 27 seconds. The car was faster at higher speeds and didn't cutout before any work was done to it.
-Also, any recommended upgrades or fuel injectors or fuel pumps I can use from another car?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2013, 07:14 AM
95 Accord LX
What needs fixing today?

Anyone? Did I post in the wrong section
Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 AM
95 Accord LX
What needs fixing today?

No other posts I see, but as an update. The right rear caliper was stuck a little where it was applying enough pressure to make the rotor hard to turn by hand with the wheel off, but still could be turned. I didn't have the time to rebuild the caliper, but after screwing the piston in and replacing the pad, the car doesn't cut off near as much as before. Anyone know why it would do it only at that speed, but then come back on. ABS light is also lit which I'm pretty certain is because of the stuck piston since the ABS will work for a little after I coated that piston with penetrating oil. Since the car disabled the ABS wouldn't figure it would be a factor to cut off the engine when it's disabled.

Last edited by 95 Accord LX; 07-10-2013 at 06:51 AM.