View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 12:45 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DakarM
dude you just spanned like 30years of bmw model :rofl:

i wouldn't say as gimmicky as kia & hyundai.

Of course the only 3 series that I really liked was the E36 line (which was also designed by bangle, same with E34/E39 etc).

Bangle is okay. BMW just needs to put him under the same restraint as when the E36/34/39 were designed.
I definitely agree with you so far as restraining Bangle...with a leash...:chuckles:

I can't accept the new 7, the forthcoming 5, the Z4, or these pics of the new 3 & 4. They are so visually offensive to me, it's not even funny.

About my wide range of models....I intentionally picked out the hallmark designs from BMW's long history to make an example of the value of their strong design legacy & brand image. I'd have included the 507 as well...

Bangle's work won't age well IMO.

Yes, I concede the rest of the E30s were bland... but I just love the M3's tense lines.
Similarly the 850CSI. Just plain scrumptious. :drool: The E36 is superb as well.

Yes, Bangle needs to be kept on a much tighter rein. The process of progressive evolution has worked so well for BMW- I don't see the justification for such a radical- and IMO trite and gimmicky- change in design theory.

:dunno:
My 2.5˘

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!