Old 06-28-2003, 01:43 AM
bluersx510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by oneslowrex
Yeah, there is a wire for factory alarm arm as well. It's White/Red. Same location as the disarm wire. If you want, I can e-mail you the entire tech sheet for this car, labels all the wires and tells you generally where they are.
Yes, I would very much appreciate that.. my email is ylounge510@yahoo.com

I plan on hiding the brain somewhere.. actually on this topic.. perhaps you can offer some insight since you are so knowledgable.

If I hide the brain, but the theif is able to locate where the OEM alarm wires are, can't they use that to trace where the brain is? Do they even need to trace the location of the brain?

Here is what I imagine would happen.. the thief breaks open the car, alarm starts going off.. they look under the steering wheel column where the brain usually is.. theyu don't see it.. but they see the wires from the OEM alarm which lead 'somewhere'.. then they cut all those.. question -> Does the alarm still continue to sound even if the 'brain' is cut off?

Next I imagine the thief will pop up the hood of the car.. is there any way to 'lock' the hood to prevent the thief from doing this? Then I'm assuming he will cut connection to the battery to stop the siren.. I have a backup siren that should at this point go off.. where should I mount this backup?

Again, thanks for any insight!! =)