Thread: Timing belt?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 09:50 AM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya know, this is really frustrating to me. Don't mean to be hating at all here, but how ignorant can you be. The engineers who designed your car knew exactly when it had to be maintained and how. If someone who gets paid a lot more money than you do to design an engine and know its limitations to the letter tells you you need to replace the belt at 90k, then you should damn well do it. You think you are gonna get 2 grand for that car?? If i looked at the service history and didnt see a timing belt replacement, I'd walk away and never look back.

And i really don't see how it is you are going to afford a Lexus anything if you can't afford to maintain your accord. The parts are everywhere and very cheap and you cant, or rather WONT pony up the bucks for the necessary stuff just to keep it running.

I think the only person scamming you is you. You have somehow managed to convince yourself that this is not important when it really is in a major way. Like others have said in this thread, accords use interfering engines to get better performance in a smaller and more cost effective package. Only a non-interference engine can have a timing belt failure and be guaranteed to remain intact.

Where will your priorities lie when your car is all ****ed up with a broken timing belt and you can't go anywhere. I'm a poor college student too but I still need to get around. . .