View Single Post
Old 06-22-2003, 10:09 PM
jrich
ReMember

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rcurley
where do you get off
you can,t defy the laws of physics
ever heard of ohms law? next your going to say that shorting out the speaker wires won't put load the amp because its 0 ohms.
or gee wiss my amp sure runs hot ,duh maybe im using a lot of power to run those 2 ohm subs, sure the damn things louder but think of it, more power less efficiency/ and maybe you should research the term DYNAMIC HEADROOM.
hey man the kid asking the ?'s needs to find out if the amp he's buying is 2 ohm stable first, and hell, get a 1 ohm stable amp and then get a dual voice coil sub stick it in a box and run it in parallel.
also watch out for seperates, and the immaging of them. sometimes the placement sucks or the crossovers are crap.

i've always felt that buying speakers from manufacturers that primarily only make speakers sound better, ie:infinity, kef, boston, bose, etc. but again it's a personal thing. buy what you like to hear not some salemans idea
more later
kid my advice to you is go to your local stereo dealer for advice but dont take it as god/ flag over someone with a great sounding setup ask ?'s/ go to a sound off comp. have fun doin it and lastly never buy cheap speakers. protect them with a good clean power amp with a lot of DYNAMIC HEADROOM: and a good crossover never hurt.