View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 02:00 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the exact adapter that I have.

However, how do you get yours to fit like that?
Mine, mounts perfectly vertical.

In your pic it shows the rear most part of the plate that is sappose to be flush against the shifter stock at a 45' angle.
How does it not rotate up and hit the shifter when you go into 1,3,5 and then pull back down in 4, R?

Appears your shifter linkage bracket has more clearence between the arm and welded bolt then was intended.

By mounting yours in the shown configuration how do you have shorter shifts. The angle between the cable and arm pivot isn't much better then stock. The higher you mount the cable on the shifter the shorter the throw.

I'll take a picture of mine later and show you what I mean. I even have the original B&M instructions indicating the vertical mounting. {I purchased my adapter from Summit Racing in Akron (6/15/2000), so I highly doubt it's a knock-off in the original B&M strink wrap.}

Thanks for the pic. I was afraid B&M made a different shifter later on. Evidently my issues are not unique. If you call their tech support they will relate the same issues for both Accords and Ludes, and instruct cover mutalation:madfawk: . Dumbass B&M--had the large structural part of the adapter beem on the right side it wouldn't hit.

Perhaps if I grind down the base of my adapter I can mount it like yours. The throw will be longer but at least I'll have the firm no rubber bushing feel of B&M shift adapter bearing.

Again thanks for the pic. lol--sorry for jumping to assumptions earlier.