Notices

ZC questions!

Old 10-01-2003, 05:38 PM
menappi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZC questions!

hey my d16a6 is DEAD *moment of silence* and i need an engine fast, and with limited funds and no expirience swapping engines, ive decided to hunt down a ZC. but i have a few questions, which i havent found answers to yet. is the SOHC and DOHC same HP? which one is better? because nippon-motors has both and they offer a 6 month warranty on the sohc but only a 3 day one on the dohc, so im not sure. and also, do i need to change my axels? i have an 88 crx HF, but my friend swapped in the d16a6, so im assuming i got the si axels? or do i need integra ones? any other info that i should know, before getting one, parts i will need? what about a headgasket? any usefull info would be appreciated thanks!
Old 10-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Rex'in'Efex

I have a rebuilt ZC that has'nt been put in a car yet..... I bought it for my CRX project that I am bored with.

It is the DOHC 130hp from a '91 CRX in Japan.

I have everything you need to put it in.... Chipped computer new plug wires.... gaskets... everything

You can use a stock Si transmission.... it has better gearing and then your axles will not be a problem.

you can have all this for only $800 Canadian.... so that is like $2 bucks american.

Peace Out
Old 10-01-2003, 07:47 PM
menappi

hey, so what exactly did you do to it, like everything. haha sorry im new to car stuff. 800 is ..howmuch american. im sorta skepticaly buying an engine from someone, i mean i dont think i would get any sort of warranty like i would from a shop. anyways how many miles, etc .lemem get all the details =D you can email me at menappi@hotmail.com thanks!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by menappi
is the SOHC and DOHC same HP? which one is better?
No, the HP ratings of the SOHC are lower then the DOHC, about 120 (SOHC) vs 130 (DOHC). If you can find a SOHC VTEC ZC, that's closer to the DOHC at around 125. The D16Z6 SOHC VTEC is also a good choice, at 125hp.

The blacktop ZC is the most "correct" of the choices, since it was offered in the Japanese CRX. I would choose it due to the fact that it has two cams (easier tuning) amoung other little differences. The DOHC ZC head is similar to the B18A/B head, only a little smaller.

I'm about to start building a hybrid EW/ZC engine.. just for fun.