Notices

need some help with my projectors

Old 07-17-2002, 02:42 PM
derf
Spec5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help with my projectors

got them today

but i opened it up and i see the wiring harness.

-unknown wires?: when i unraveled it, it had two red wires with a gold ring connector on the end... and also black ones that were next to the connector. now i'm assuming that the black one is for ground. but where do they expect me to wire up the live wire?

-splicing: what is the PROPER way to splice into my turn signal power for my halos? i was just going to cut some of the insulation off, wrap it around the wire and just electrical tape it back together... seems temporary....

-plug and play. what DOES this wiring harness do? I hear people saying about how the wires burn up if you do and if you don't use the harness.. so it kinda confused me. on the harness there are two fuses and a relay so i'm just wonderni what it all does (the fuses are connected to those red wires mentioned above)...

thanks for the help... like bakeoff said before please respond ONLY if you KNNOW FOR SURE, no i think, i heard, that could mis lead me...

Old 07-17-2002, 02:50 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

You dont need the harness. [unless you want to run hi and low beams at the same time which will probably burn your housings, if not wires]

When you install, unplug the 3 prong from the stock headlamps. Take the projectors and plug it in place of the stock ones. Turn on lights and check it. Thats it.

I went through 2 sets of projectors. I think I have creditbility
Old 07-17-2002, 03:43 PM
derf
Spec5

how will it burn my wires? too much load? i'm still trying to figure out the red wires/ fuses

any1 on splcing?
Old 07-17-2002, 03:57 PM
Duff Man

The two red's go to the battery and the rest is self explanitory. Are these the angle eyes? Im not to sure about how to do those. The way how you put it with the splicing is exactly that...splicing your good to go
Old 07-17-2002, 04:01 PM
crucial Si
Banned

are you sure that thats the only thing you need that wire harness for? if so im going to take it off, to many wires.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:26 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

as far as the classic Denji's go....yes.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:36 PM
crucial Si
Banned

im taken that **** off then, way to many wires for me it make my bay look bad, thanks. is that for all denjis or just 1st gen?
Old 07-17-2002, 08:02 PM
derf
Spec5

they are angel eyes, basically each 'eye' has two wires coming out of it a white and red one, red goes to power, white goes to ground on the turn signals

for splicing i was just wondering if there was a more professional way to do it.....

and like i asked before is there really that big of a hazard with using the highs and low beams at the same time?

okay, one more (sorry for all the questions, reponses are apprecaited of course).... i just noticed here is only ONE female connector to connect the stock headlamp connector and two male ones to connect to the projectors... that doesn't sound rithe... first you guys said that it'll put and additional load, now there is twice the load on one set of wires???? this doesn't look rite

yea these were obviously made pretty quickly, they are still well made don't get me wrong but they were made in large amounts, the wire that went to the h3 was actually partially wedged into the rubber seal between the glass and plastic housing... i had to take a flat head to get it out or else i couldn't change my bulbs oh well, they shoudl work fine. i got them for $192 shipped with showoff bulbs and the old set... good deal :thumbup: i still like them
Old 07-17-2002, 09:31 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

sorry...I dont have experience with the angel eyes. I cant help you there.
Old 07-18-2002, 04:32 AM
derf
Spec5

the halo's are no problem. just wonderin about splicing... they would be wired up just like city lights or whatever.

i'm wondering more about the wiring harness (questions above)

Quick Reply: need some help with my projectors