Notices

need some help with my projectors

Old 07-20-2002, 09:27 PM
derf
Spec5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd like to claify the wiring harness situation. first off neither will give you problems plug and play OR using the wiring harness. Of course it depends on how your harness is designed. mine uses 1 stock harness female connector to activate the relays, usespower directly from the battery to the headlights with a 15amp fuse inline. SO your stock wires won't burn up. if the harness is designed poorly and the same style as this, THEN there might be electircal hazards... (the fuse should take care of any shorts tho)
Old 07-20-2002, 09:30 PM
derf
Spec5

oh yea, i also have a problem with my projectors.... the beam pattern. As all owners of projectos know, there is a piece of metal instide that cuts off the beam at a certain height. WELL, for some reason my elft bulb it pointing slightly higher than my right one. so the center of the beam is partly behind that piece of metal. my right one is fine, the center of the beam is right below it.

Asiandood: i know you are the experienced one... others might be too but, is this a possible defect? or is there anyway to adjust the postion of the bulb itself? it looks as if the bulb just needs to be pointed slightly lower....
Old 07-20-2002, 10:35 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally posted by derf

Asiandood: i know you are the experienced one... others might be too but, is this a possible defect? or is there anyway to adjust the postion of the bulb itself? it looks as if the bulb just needs to be pointed slightly lower....

I dont know about the halos...but the regular projectors had the screws in back. One to adjust height of bulb...the other to adjust the left/right position of bulb. You might want to play with those if it does have it.
Old 07-20-2002, 10:38 PM
derf
Spec5

nono i think its the housing of the projector part itself.. like internal.... they are perfectly alight with each other but one BULB is slightly off....
Old 07-20-2002, 10:40 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Is the bulb sitting correctly in the bulb harness?
Old 07-21-2002, 05:29 PM
etmoron
Moron Member

daym it i just bought the angel eyes too ... sound too daym confusing ... tell me how it turns out derf
Old 07-21-2002, 07:08 PM
derf
Spec5

okay well i think it -might- have been a defect in the bulb. the glass was slightly off so that the center of the beam was not directly ahead but slightly above, SO even tho the h3s have only one way to insert them, I managed to put them backwards.... now the beams are symmetrical and all is well.

you shouldn't have any major problems with your angel eyes. I hope yours don't have any defects. made in taiwan... made too fast. on the left headlamp, they actually sealed part of the wire for the h3 bulb between the glass and the plastic housing. causing me to not reach the connector for the wire. with some patience and trial and error, i managed to free the wire from the rubber chaulk compound.... so all is well once again.

I haven't tried the wiring harness but I kinda like the idea of both buls on at the same time... if you don't care, plug and play is safe too.

etmoron: for the rings, wire them into the turn signal. green is the blinker, so the white wire goes to the black turn signal wire and red goes to red. simple. any questions, feel free to ask.