Notices

Many options I need help with.

Old 09-25-2003, 08:24 AM
Falkon
still alive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Many options I need help with.

I want to fix up my Sol some more. I don't plan on selling it. I am planning on converting to the 96+ all black door panels if at all possible as well as adding on a set of GSR LCAs and rear swaybar that I got a deal on. I need a set of floormats and I want these zig zag blue del sol ones but I can't find them ANYWHERE.

I also need to convert back to a stock or racing series bumper, because fiberglass sucks so much. I like the look, but I think I'd rather have a sleeper or a polyurethane bumper now that I think of it. Fiberglass is the worst thing you can put on the outside of the car. Within a week it's got a chip or a crack or it's scraped on your driveway.

I need some help on finding the floormats, installing the LCAs and swaybar, and finding the door panels.

Also would the swaybar + strut bars get rid of my bad handling? I want my car to at least handle as well as the 6gen coupe I drove for a while.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:29 AM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

swaybar + strut bars will help a little, but not incredibly. After all, the later model Del Sol VTECs had the sway bars, and even with strut bars they had body roll.

I remember Bakeoff posting a while back that aftermarket springs + shocks significantly helped - especially if you get Integra-rated equipment, not Civic-rated. There's a big difference. My next mods will be all suspension for the same reason...
Old 09-25-2003, 03:18 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Originally posted by DelSolSIinMD

I remember Bakeoff posting a while back that aftermarket springs + shocks significantly helped - especially if you get Integra-rated equipment, not Civic-rated. There's a big difference. My next mods will be all suspension for the same reason...
Word. I have KYB AGX's for a 3rd gen teg, WeaponR coilovers rated at 450 front and 350 rear. I threw on a 97 sway bar, and it changed the whole handling of the car. It can rotate into corners like crazy now. If I drop the shock setting on the front, I can easily get the back end to swing around. A bit less body roll too. But if you're running stock springs/shocks, I doubt you'd feel a real difference. But if you got em, and plan on upgrading other things later, why not throw it in! :thumbup:

II keep seeing those zig zag floor mats on ebay, or at least I used to. Haven't looked for a while.

As for a bumper, stock with a lip is my taste. Nice and clean!

With the interior, you'll need the door panels, rear speaker covers, and the upper panel along the back. Find a 96-97 at a junkyard, and you're golden!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:31 PM
sxecrow
Banned

I see those floormats on ebay all the time.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:47 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Get the black mats...they look better than the zig-zags IMO.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:20 PM
tib
ex-soler

i just saw some blue zig zags go for about $40... and yea, i think the black ones look better too, but i guess it depends on the car.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Falkon
still alive

I plan to highlight the interior in blue, so I wanted those mats. Can I make my car AT LEAsT handle as good as the stock EX of the 6gen civics? I love how they handle.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:11 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Stock 6th gen's handle like butt. Maybe you got an Mustang 2, and not a sol....
Old 09-27-2003, 02:13 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Falkon, what year is your car?
Old 09-27-2003, 11:04 PM
Falkon
still alive

My car is a 95 Del Sol Si. The other car I was referring to is a 96 EX coupe, and it can take the corners at speeds I've never seen any other stock non-sports car do. Mustangs can't handle worth anything.

BTW I am getting rid of the body kit and going stock bumper with a lip. Maybe some mesh if I feel like it, although I doubt it. I plan on side skirts, though. Where can I get a decent lip for the car? I'm going mostly sleeper. I also plan to Line-X the trunk. Yeah, sounds weird to you maybe, but you may think differently after it's done, and with what I do, I would need the liner.