Notices

I may sound really dumb but whats a swap? And how much does it go for..

Old 09-17-2003, 04:42 PM
stewman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I may sound really dumb but whats a swap? And how much does it go for..

How much is a swap and what the hell is it? I am just learnin haha
engine swap right? For a 97 civic ex what would be good?
Old 09-17-2003, 04:44 PM
stewman

O and do intakes make a car any faster? If so by how much... what are some add-ons I could get to boost it up a lil becieds a swap and turbo and supercharge.. and does supercharging do any mecanical damage to your car?
Old 09-17-2003, 04:49 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes engine swap. good swap would be a b18c1 (from an integra gsr) or b18c5 (from a teg type r) or an h22 (from a prelude). there are other too. i'd be between 3-5K depending on the engine and stuff.

intakes don't do much. you won't get a whole lot of power unless you swap, turbo, supercharge, nitrous, or get it built all motor. boltons help a little, but not much. (boltons being intake, header, exhaust)
Old 09-17-2003, 04:49 PM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

:doh:...........i'm gonna be an asshole just for this one post.........STFU newb j/k......are you serious........let me guess you saw 2f2f bought a honda and now want to put a muffler on it........but anyways welcome to HAN noob
Old 09-17-2003, 04:53 PM
jonjon

Swap=taking your engine out and putting a new one in, might I recommend a Chevy Big Block? :naughty: ...Cold air intake makes your car louder...they usually claim 5-12 horsepower gain, probably more like 2hp. Now that supercharger question is probably gonna start a debate, so here goes...depends on the super charger you get (you only have one choice that I know of) and how well it's installed. Lot's of peeps complain about them, but they usually buy them used and/or install them by themselves. Supercharging is a good way to have reliable power at your disposal whenever you want it.

Now if you want a shit load of power and plan to race and all that, you should go turbo...lag times are pretty low nowadays, but they're still there.

Gas consumption's gonna be higher on the supercharger, really depends on how you use it, but bitch sucks a lot of gas if youre floorin it at every stop light

:eekjerk:
Old 09-17-2003, 06:38 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

The search button is on the upper right of the page. Use it often. :thumbup: