Notices

98 Civic window

Old 09-15-2003, 12:04 AM
kochujangflavor
No MSG please...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Civic window

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. I have a 98 civic and one day my driver side window went of the track. Not only did it happen with the driver side a year later my passenger side window went off track. Did anyone else encounter the same shi...?
Old 09-15-2003, 01:48 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

yea my shit did the same thing,...do you have manual windows? if so,..when you roll your windows up,..you probably crank it that extra little turn when its already at the top,..this will cause the track closes to the speaker on the door to bed which in turns sends the window off track,...all i tried to do was bend that track back to being straight as possible,..my window has been okay ever since,..its been like 9 months now,..the track im talking about is the one which is held by one bolt close to the speaker on the door,..you have to take off your door panels to do this
Old 09-15-2003, 10:36 AM
kochujangflavor
No MSG please...

I actually have automatic windows. I am think maybe its cause I held on to the button to long.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:54 PM
InsertNameHere
Insert Title Here

Ever replaced the window or had pressure against the window while it was trying to go up or down? My driver side had went off a few times but it works now...it goes extremely slow going up tho...im thinking about putting a vtec on it tho...
Old 09-15-2003, 06:05 PM
SRT_Andy

What normally happens is that the window rails going down into the door either dry out or get loose and move, or move from vibrations. This will cause the window to come out of the tracks. Pull your door panel off and make sure everything is tightened. Who knows, a bolt could have rattled loose! If not, try spraying some white lithium grease into the window tracks.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:42 PM
kochujangflavor
No MSG please...

I took it to the shop one time and they told me i had to order a ner window regulator. I see its a common problem though.h:
Old 09-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honda Power Windows = SUCK
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-16-2003, 09:12 PM
alllooksnnogo
Just another import lover

Well mine haven't come off the track yet But hell their slow moving!!
Old 09-17-2003, 03:16 PM
kochujangflavor
No MSG please...

My windows use to move so slow, but one day it just started working fine. Just having window go of the guide or track is wat pisses me off. Lets just say you have a girl in you car, hot girl. You guys are just rollin with the windows down and you stop at a place. You put the windows up then, shii... the window is of the track. Embarasing!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 08:55 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

there's a service bulletin on the auto windows coming out of track on your civic. The fix is to replace the regulator assembly and/or the window run channel seal. It's bulletin 97-021. If you want i could email it to you in a pdf file.