Notices

GF's car finally on the road

Old 09-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Knightmare69
Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GF's car finally on the road

Thank god. For those that don't know, my GF and I bought a used 98 Ex on a desperate whim to replace her dying 91 Dx and had nothing but troubles. After about a month, the car is finally on the road. We have most of the repairs done, and it's passing emissions. The only things left to change are the belts, flush the cooling system and change the oil over to synthetic. Sun night my friend installed my old alarm from my old bimmer and I custom installed the intake from my bimmer too which I got from www.PRMRacing.com. Also replaced the headlight bulbs to Sylvinna cool blues and they a difference. The only thing is that they were not liste as H4's and rather were listed as 9003, oh well, they work regardless of that. And the intake is sweet, I also piped in a flex pipe that vents in cool air from under the bumper. The only problem with that is that she is now rubbing her pass. side fender lining since the plastic bolt that holds the bottom piece of the lining fell out. But at least it's on the road.

So quick question for those with Projector/Angel Eyes, specifically the Denji units:
1) How is the light output of those units and what type of bulbs do they run? H1's?
2) Are any of you running HID's in those units?
3) For the Angel Eye part, I was told that the rings ran off wedge bulbs instead of LED's can anyone verify this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:26 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure u watch the seal, some older cars tend to leak (not all of them but sum) Synthetic is a smaller particle and when a car adapts to normal oil the gasket make it so the bigger oil particles dont come through but some time the smaller ones will. Like i said its not on all the older cars. I did it on my 92 VX and i have no leaks.