Notices

HONDA DEL SOL Style 43

Old 08-31-2003, 02:21 AM
remues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HONDA DEL SOL Style 43

i want this kit so bad

ony thing bad is that its fibgerglass. but i dont think im going to lower my car. but then i heard people say this kit doesnt fit so good.. anyone have this?? let me know thanks

the kit is $450 shipped
Old 08-31-2003, 09:58 AM
Motohip

I'd take the front if it wasn't slanted down like that. I hate the sides. The rear is good, but kinka bubbley.

I heard Erebuni stuff fits like ass, so don't waste the money.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:52 AM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Ass is right...those things fit like Z3 fender on a not-Z3 car.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:29 AM
angry sol

i have those sides and rear but they are VIS
fitment was OK, but it is very very hard to find bodykits that fit perfect
Old 08-31-2003, 09:07 PM
miguel6632
proud 96 sol owner

personaly i dont like it , it looks like Shit exept the sides there oK
Old 09-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Motohip

Originally posted by miguel6632
personaly i dont like it , it looks like Shit exept the sides there oK
Ok mister double decker spoiler with cheeeeese:fawk:
Old 09-01-2003, 10:16 AM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

:rofl:
Old 09-01-2003, 06:30 PM
s2ksol

I owned that kit from 96-99 and then moved on to a kit from Austria. My experience with Erebuni was poor. First off, there are 2 types of fiberglass kits out on the market. Chopper Gun and Hand layed. Chopper method is spraying the glass onto the mold. This method is cheaper and the glass is thinner. Erebuni is this type. Now hand layed is obviously layed by hand is thicker. A thicker kit will provide better resistence to cracks, etc. then a thinner kit. Being hand layed then it tends to be a bit more in price. You get what you pay for. Wings West and Kaminari make hand layed kits. It has also been said that Wings West also offers a kit in urethane (material like your bumper). Wings West is the only company that offers a urethane kit.

My experience with the Erebuni style 43 kit.

Front lip did not match up around the bumper tight. Gaps on both ends of the bumper. So screw clips spaced about 2 inches apart all the way across the lip to bring it in close and tight to the front bumper. Once that was done then it looked good, but it was a pain in the ass.

The back lip design is a bit weird. The lip rests on the inside part of the rear bumper, but there isn't really good place to secure it to the center of the car. Since it's a fiberglass then double side tape didnt work for me in the center, so basically it just rested on there. You might try glueing it, but if not done right then it will look like shit and of course you can take it off if you really need to. The ends of the lip will be screw to the back bumper wheel well area, but overall I wasn't happy with the security of the lip and it didn't seem to fit accurately.

The sides. The worst. Over the years, many people have said that the sides weren't long enough to fit over the stock sides. The erebuni sides were designed to fit onto the stock sides, just an FYI. I didn't have that problem, but there was an extensive amount of sanding, grinding on the inside of the side pieces to get them to fit on the car. So it was a lot of putting on the sides and taking them off to get the right grind to make them fit around the wheel well area's. Attachment to the factory sides is an issue too. Since there isn't any predrilled holes for screws then you have to come up with proper screw placement to keep the sides on as well as hidding the screws enought to not see when the door is closed.

Negitive part of the sides. The come up onto the car's body, so unless you do some kind of protection then they will scrape the car's body over time due to road vibration. There isn't really any room on the sides to apply some kind of protection though, unless you just mold them to the car, which can be another disaster if not taken care of right. And if you mold them then you forced into a look that you can change out easily.

Here is a picture of my old sol before I redid it in 99.

Old 09-02-2003, 01:52 AM
ikeroad

Very nice car! In Italy where I live , indicator light in front car, arent on that position!!! (Sigh) I prefer yours!! How much for your rear "flap"? How much for your normal front indicator liigt? Please answer me. Good day to everyone and sorry for my english!!! Ike