Notices

still engine probs with new b18c

Old 08-29-2003, 01:13 PM
huviduc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still engine probs with new b18c

can someone tell me all the possible reasons that would make my engine burn alittle bit of oil, it doesnt burn that much, but it smells, and just pisses me off considering its new (well new to me).

also, i have a check engine light on and the CEL codes are 1 and 14 which are idle air control and 02 sensor. ive replaced the 02 sensor and it didnt change a thing. i have a JDM motor so the wire colors didnt match so i had to quess, but i tried a few ways and im like 99% sure i have it right. but is there anything that could be throwing these off other then just having bad sensors? id rather be sure before i go and buy a new IAC sensor because they are like 250 (so ive heard). any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

also, my engine stalls alot just from hitting the clutch, the rpm's drop to low and shuts it off. the idle is set at a grand normally, but it doesnt all stay there. just wanted to add that to maybe help with suggestions.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:27 PM
huviduc

any idea would be well appreciated
Old 08-29-2003, 09:41 PM
flappy188
O.G. SON!

well if the motor is OBDII and ur car is OBDI is going to throw cel's cause there are sensor's that are not hooked up!

Take it back to Hybrid and Bitch at them and make them fix it for free!

jus my $.02

sorry to hear this after all the money you spent!

Maybe the rings are shot?
Old 08-30-2003, 01:20 PM
huviduc

i did the swap myself. it is obd1. i used my dx harness and rewired a few things. but all the sensors are plugged in. i cant seem to figure out the prob, and id rather not go and buy a new IAC sensor because they are expensive, and ive heard of alot of people buying them when they werent needed.