Notices

spedometer issue

Old 08-27-2003, 10:59 AM
xero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spedometer issue

hey I recently got back into the posrt compact car scene and I founf a project ride ( 92 civic CX ) well my issue is that while driving the car sporatically the spedometer will freak out and go wild.... Ill drive about 40MPH and all the sudden the spedometer will jump past 120 and hang there.... it will sometimes come back down sometimes stay there when Im stopped.... I can turn the car off/on again and still no change .... then for the same reason it will go back to normal for a couple days and be fine. The honda dealership isnt very helpful here in Boise. so I am at the mercy of my CHilton manual and the forums. Let me know what you are thinkin. Other than that issue the car runs great. quality honda product.

Chronic Speeder...........
XERO
Old 08-27-2003, 01:08 PM
firebane

Well I know my speedo jumps all over +/- 10km/h at times. I just got used to it since it only does it usually when I'm down/up shifting or hit a bump. Your connectoin behind the cluster could be loose or even worn out. I'd check that first.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

could be speed sensor too
Old 08-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Kabooki

mine did the same thing when i first put in my new gauge pod, i swore that the new gauge cluster was the problem, till i just unpluged the sensor from the transmission and cleaned the contact and reconnected it firmly, hasnt done it since

the connector is on the tranny a bit towards the firewall on top, it should have 3 wires (i forgot what the colors are)