Notices

Highway speed wiper skip

Old 08-25-2003, 11:55 AM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highway speed wiper skip

Hey all, I have a problem and a question for all of you. On my 96 Civic, I experience a wiper skip/lift problem while traveling at highway speeds (60-70 MPH). The wiper will actually lift off the windshield on the return stroke and skip part of the windshield leaving a big "pile" of water in the driver's and passenger's line of site. I've tried several different name brands of wipers including Anco and Bosch. Is the problem in the wiper arm itself? Do the springs get weak and not put the proper pressure on the windshield? I noticed that this problem started after I got the windshield replaced, but I can't find a logical reason that a new windshield would cause this problem, the Honda dealer is stumped and so am I. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Tom
Old 08-25-2003, 12:01 PM
cdk

hey i had that same issue, i took off my arms to paint them, when i put them back they wouldn't contact right, i think the springs were weak and they got overextended when i took them off, i got a new set form a junkyard put them on and now it works fine.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:03 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They sell those "fins" that attach to the wiper, sort of like a mini spoiler for the wiper arms. They put downforce on your wipers Try them.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Originally posted by MaxBoosT
They sell those "fins" that attach to the wiper, sort of like a mini spoiler for the wiper arms. They put downforce on your wipers Try them.
I've seen them, in fact, my g/f has them on her car, but where do they sell them? I've been looking everywhere.

I think I may just end up with new arms, mine are starting to peel as well.

Thanks again,
Tom
Old 08-25-2003, 07:08 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeap, some cars come with them stock. Most import shops carry those - well, shops that carry all those "Type R" Cup Holders & lights & doo-dads.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net