Notices

Alarm LED

Old 08-24-2003, 10:51 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm LED

This is to anyone that has an aftermarket alarm system on their civic. Right now, I have the LED for my alarm on the panel of the dash where the OEM foglight button is.

I was thinking of relocating it to the one empty slot in the gauge cluster that's to the left of the left turn signal arrow. I was just wondering if anyone knew if that slot is actually translucent. Or if there is any other empty slot on the bottom right side (below the gas and temp gauge) that could be used to hide the alarm LED and just have that part of the gauge cluster flash when the alarm is on.

Just curious if this is possible, or if anyone has done it. It's because I'd like to put in the button for the OE fogs there, but don't want to ruin the rest of the dash drilling a hole for the LED.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

wouldn't you want the alarm led to be visible so other know an alarm is there? why try to hide it? i put mine right smack dab in the middle, infront of the two middle vents.
-----
Old 08-25-2003, 06:55 AM
ManTiS
NinJA

Yea, the LED is supposed to 'scare' thieves ... supposedly.

But, if you want to do it that way, then I don't see how it doesn't work. I've seen websites of putting in a VTEC light there so ...
Old 08-25-2003, 09:45 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Well, it was just a thought because I'm gonna have to relocate that LED anyways, and I didn't want to drill another hole in the dash somewhere.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:56 AM
crucial Si
Banned

you can put it in the cluster if you want, above the left turning signal, that spot is empty. from the back side, you can stick the wires though with no problem. if i were you i would drill a hole through the plastic transparant piece and put the LED there.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:01 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by crucial Si-T
you can put it in the cluster if you want, above the left turning signal, that spot is empty. from the back side, you can stick the wires though with no problem. if i were you i would drill a hole through the plastic transparant piece and put the LED there.
So you're saying that the slot to the left of the left turn signal arrow isn't translucent? I was just gonna put the LED behind it and just kinda have that "square" flash the light rather than having the LED exposed.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:05 AM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by randomtask77
So you're saying that the slot to the left of the left turn signal arrow isn't translucent? I was just gonna put the LED behind it and just kinda have that "square" flash the light rather than having the LED exposed.
its thick though, so it might not be enough power from the LED to make it noticeable.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a good idea... I think I'll do the same!

I relocated & rewired a super white LED for my alarm Rice
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

My LED is on the left side air vent, right above the Cruise and int. light dimmer... right smack dab in the middle.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:23 PM
CivicRacr

i have my LED on the dash where the little cover is in the middle. just stick a flexable steel wire with a string attached through the hole and work it down under the dash. pull LEd wire back up the other way with string. drill hole in plactic cover and put led in. looks clean and right were people can see that you have an alarm.