Notices

kyb install PROBLEMS :sad: :angry:

Old 07-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Max Power
Buff Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyb install PROBLEMS :sad: :angry:

well i tried putting in my kyb's today. the rear went in fine and dandy.

but when i moved on to the fronts. ..

the new front struts have a thicker body, so i cant get the fork to go over them again am i doing something wrong?

i mite have the wrong strut, the part number is sb07

can anyone gimme a clue h:
Old 07-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

sorry to hear your problem....are they AGXs? If so what springs are you running, lemme know how it goes when you get em on, i have some sportlines and my stock shocks are dying so i think i'm gonna go with some AGX's.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:55 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

Default Re: kyb install PROBLEMS :sad: :angry:

does it look like a tight fit or something very obvious? cuz those forks hold onto the shocks via clamp force, so if u can pry it open a bit, u can slip the shock in. i have done it many times.

Originally posted by Max Power
well i tried putting in my kyb's today. the rear went in fine and dandy.

but when i moved on to the fronts. ..

the new front struts have a thicker body, so i cant get the fork to go over them again am i doing something wrong?

i mite have the wrong strut, the part number is sb07

can anyone gimme a clue h:
Old 07-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Max Power
Buff Member

they are a clamp type but i didn't try prying them apart because, well, the metal looked pretty beefy. .. i'll try tomm. tho
the base is very thick, i literally scraped the paint off the strut trying to push it on the fork

and jkan2001 i'll give a full report once (if) i get all 4 struts on h: right now i'm running on h&r sports.

just for reference i DONT need a spring compressor to get them off the struts, mainly because they're shorter than stock springs. i HAD to use a spring compressor for the stock springs however
Old 07-17-2003, 12:23 AM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

Originally posted by Max Power
i literally scraped the paint off the strut trying to push it on the fork
Scraping paint in that area is normal. I agree with Outxider. If it just looks like it's way too big to fit, they might very well be the wrong parts. If it's just a tight fit, they'll probably be ok.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:25 AM
Max Power
Buff Member

oo and one more thing, are you s'pose to transfer the stock bumpstops to the new kyb strut? :dunno:
Old 07-17-2003, 05:18 AM
BrandonClaps

yes you are supposed to transfer, in the intructions for the kyb's it will tell you that and they tel you how much to trim the bumpstops
Old 07-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Max Power
Buff Member

i got em in! :yay:juss needed some good ol' muscle

i didnt get any instructions with my kybs . . . .and i dint cut the bumpstops either..

i first set the front shocks at 2 (4 maximum) in the front and 5 (8 maximum) in the rear. and man all i can say is i have a back ache and i'm not as hardcore as i thought i would be h:

there is definitely no more bouncing wiht the new shocks. i can turn very abruptly and the car will not sway or get scary. but now i can feel so many more bumps in the road, i should try different settings to see how the ride can be.

but definitely these shocks arent the most refined things in the world. im guessin if u paid 200 more for koni yellows u'd get a better ride but i'm happy with my purchase
Old 07-18-2003, 06:13 AM
DRTHV8R

When crusing on the HWY I set mine to 1front 2 rear. If you soften the rear it will ride smoother. I normally set mine at 2 front 4 rear.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:30 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

I've got teg KYB's with weaponR coilovers, and mine rides like it's on rails.

We just put some on Spood's car this week. He got the ones for the civic, and is riding on no name coilovers. His ride is way softer than mine (mostly fromt he springs).

I know my springs are 450 front and 350 rear. His... not so beafy. And we both ride on 4 all the way around. (5th gen and 3rd gen teg shocks only adjust 1-4).