Notices

Which one would you choose and why?

Old 07-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Powderpuff Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one would you choose and why?

Supercharger or Turbo. I had a S/C on my 98 Civic and now have an '03 Civic. I know Turbo is higher end, but more risky. I never had one problem with my S/C, and I spanked some serious butt!! :boink:
But anyhow, what would you choose and why?

PS does anyone know of a free picture hosting site that I can post my pics so I can use the IMG button to put pics in my threads? THANKS
Old 07-15-2003, 08:38 PM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

well, i would go turbo because s/c's on hondas just dont work very well. i mean the most gain you would see out of a s/c is like 75hp. and thats even exagerating.
turbo's however can get you some serious gain if you build your engine properly.

alot of people use this site for their hosting...
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com
Old 07-15-2003, 11:06 PM
CptMidway

Originally posted by ragerized
well, i would go turbo because s/c's on hondas just dont work very well. i mean the most gain you would see out of a s/c is like 75hp. and thats even exagerating.
turbo's however can get you some serious gain if you build your engine properly.

alot of people use this site for their hosting...
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com
Why do you say that? You can get more power out of a S/C. All you have to do is change the pulley.
PowderPuff, Go with whatever one you're more comfortable with. If you like S/C's go S/C. Low end Torque is nice.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:09 PM
CivicRacr

TURBO = :thumbup: i've read horrer stories about superchargers, mostly the jackson racing SC leakin oil. don't know about the vortec SC though. but turbo definitly has much better reliability, not saying its not maintenance free, its always easier to add more power with turbo if engine is built right.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:10 PM
CivicRacr

Originally posted by CptMidway
Why do you say that? You can get more power out of a S/C. All you have to do is change the pulley.
PowderPuff, Go with whatever one you're more comfortable with. If you like S/C's go S/C. Low end Torque is nice.
yeah you can get more HP with a SC if you change the pulley, but with turbo you just need a boost controller, no need to change anything out, just a flip of a switch and more boost, YAY
Old 07-16-2003, 01:07 PM
Powderpuff Girl

Default Jackson racing isn't so bad.....

Originally posted by CivicRacr
TURBO = :thumbup: i've read horrer stories about superchargers, mostly the jackson racing SC leakin oil. don't know about the vortec SC though. but turbo definitly has much better reliability, not saying its not maintenance free, its always easier to add more power with turbo if engine is built right.
I had the Jackson Racing S/C with an 8 lb pulley. I never had one single problem with the S/C. Well one time I was on the freeway and my Alternator pulley and belt fell off, but the mechanic at the Jackson Racing shop I went to said that it was unrelated to the S/C. The most problems I had with my old ride were mostly electrical....from the O2 sensors darn things!! I would go with that S/C again, but it is true I didn't get THAT much power. I ran a 14.92 as my best 1/4 mile time, but that was with the S/C, ARIAS pistons boured out to a 1.7, and 50 shot....so......I think my car with just the bolt ons and S/C was about a 15.20 1/4 mile run.
*sigh* what to do what to do? hahah
Old 07-16-2003, 01:21 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

i dont even think there are kits out for the 03's yet :thinking:
Old 07-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Paulll
Hail Bent

TURBO
Old 07-16-2003, 01:46 PM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

Originally posted by Paulll
TURBO
:werd:

You may have to get some custom fab. but its worth it.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Smurf
Dancing Banana Driver

Vortech S/C is a turbo on a stick, lets not forget about that boys. The S/C have their plus. however for over all high end power and high rev's your best bet is still a turbo. However if you are auto crossing i would say a s/c would be your best bet.