Notices

swap help

Old 07-14-2003, 05:43 PM
huviduc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap help

i just put in my B18C swap this weekend and i am basically done. but i got a few questions that i really need help on. the only thing i have left to do is the oxygen senser need rerouted to the back, and we cant seem to find two plugs which i took a pic of. we used the stock wiring harnes because everything was backwards on the JDM one. everything has plugged in right except for the O2 sensor and the two missing plugs. the car seems to run good, but vtec is not working, so i am asuming that is what the two missing plugs are. does anyone know what they are from the pic? how do i get them wired up? and what is that little brass colored thing?

one plug is the green one facing out, and the other is the single prong gray one facing down. the wire colors dont match up with the other harness so its hard to find the wire. but any suggestions would be great.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:03 PM
dubster

The one plug (single wire) is the VTEC selonoid and the other (green) is the temperature.
Hope this helps.
-Chris
Old 07-14-2003, 06:22 PM
huviduc

well that helps alittle i guess, i had a feeling that was somethign to do with vtec because it didnt work. but does anyone know how i a going to wire that up. my old engine doesnt have vtec, so does that mean the harness doesnt have the wiring? if so, can i jsut take the wires out of te JDM harness and wire them into the old one?
Old 07-14-2003, 06:30 PM
dubster

In order for the VTEC to work there is also a pressure switch that is located on the unit. This tells the ECU when to turn on the VTEC. This will all have to be wired to the ECU if it isn't already.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:33 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that the one facing down is VTEC. I thought the green one was VTEC oil press. hmmm

Your JDM harness doesn't have the plugs for these? :eh:

PM Slacker, he JUST did this swap.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:37 PM
huviduc

the jdm wiring harness does have them, but the usdm one doesnt, we used the usdm one because we thought everything would plug in. can i jsut take the wiring from the jdm harness and wire it up to on of the main plugs
Old 07-14-2003, 06:40 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya you could, just seems like a pain in the ass, but it might be what you have to do.

Use the diagram on www.hybridgarage.com so you know where to pin them out.

hih
Old 07-14-2003, 06:54 PM
huviduc

ok, i guess i will try and wire that up then, i dont really know if that helps or not, but ill figure something out. anymore suggestions would be great
Old 07-16-2003, 05:19 PM
dubster

ok, took another look today and the green plug is definately the VTEC pressure switch. Sorry about the incorrect post...I tried doing it by memory...memory not so good sometimes.-Chris